Credit Repair Services?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bhdunbar, Jul 11, 2001.

1. bhdunbar

bhdunbar Active Member

My credit right now is not the best but then again not the worst. However I need to get it cleaned up by two years from now (if possible). I have seen a lot of "Credit Repair" services and hae also read that you should not use these services. I saw some posts with Junum and was wondering if this was a worthy company to use and exactly how they work? My report from Equifax shows two collection accounts and 3 charge offs. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

first dispute the items in question online with the bureaus, you may get lucky and have them all drop off by yourself..

its free :)

3. bhdunbar

bhdunbar Active Member

Is there any specific angle to take or perhaps one that seems to work?

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Well lets see ... it all depends on what you are comfy with. I can't say of one specific way to go about repairing your or any credit report.

If your Collection accounts are older than 3 years of age. Then I suggest you send the Collection Agencies a letter Certified R.R. asking for Validation, bearing your signature, along with a Cease and Desist only in Writing may they Contact you letter. (Do everything by writing) This way if they can't provide your signature. Eventually, they will send you a letter stating they are going to delete the tradeline. This may take you writing to them with a follow up letter (60-day notice). That way you have protection years down the road. If it appears back on your credit report you can fax to the CRA's of immediate deletion.

Then challenge the CRA's one tradeline at a time as "Not Mine". That way you shouldn't have to run into the "Frivolous BS"

I hope this is what you are asking.....LOL...!!

Good luck and if you need anymore help just ask!

MartysGirl

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member