Credit Repair Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Aug 1, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.....

Again, for those who don't think they stand a chance:

TU - 15 disputes, 11 deletions
    EX - 13 disputes, 7 deletions, 1 update, 4 verified
    EQ - 5 disputes, 5 deletions

I was also able to negotiate an additional 5 deletions in exchange for payment with 2 CAs.

About 90% of the deleted items belonged to me so you can make the system work for you with some persistance. By the way, 99% of my disputes were done online and I've only been disputing since mid-May.

Tom

2. wakebrat7

wakebrat7 New Member

Tom, how did you do it? Did you call the credit agencies directly. Please help. My credit is so messed up and my report looks really bad. I have somethine on there that should be off by now. Its with Equifax. Can I send them a letter and my proof of payment and then ask them to take it off? Let me know. Please e-mail me at ldelise@mofo.com.
    Thank you so much.

3. CASPER72

CASPER72 Well-Known Member

I was curious as to what companies deleted items? I was also wondering what ones verified?

Thank you

Casper

Your friendly ghost till ya piss me off!! LOL

4. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Tom, Wow! I just started Mid July, so I'll see where I am in a couple months!!

How much did your score increase?

5. tmitchell

My scores:

TU - 491 up to 573
    EQ - 492 up to 523 (as of last month, should be higher now)
    EX - 492 up to 520 (should also be going up shortly)

Tom

6. tmitchell

I simply started by disputing items that didn't belong to me. There were a small few. I immediately began disputing older legit stuff (mostly collections).

Admittedly, some deletions were "lucky" but most of them were just straight-up online disputes as "not mine" or "wrong balance".

I really didn't do anything special except use LizardKing's validation letter on to CAs that led to 5 deletions in exchange for payment (small amounts).

I am also about to file suit against Experian because they claimed they verified some student loans that they really didn't. I got my servicer to state it in writing. Experian just sent me a letter from Consumer Affairs in response to my intent-to-sue letter. Hopefully, this lead to a clean Experian report via a settlement.

Tom

7. CASPER72

Tom

What ones deleted information? What ones verified?

If you dont mind me knowing and dont want to post here you can email me.

Casper72@webtv.net

Thank you

Casper

8. CASPER72

COOL ---- GREAT JOB!

Hope it does led to a clean record!!

Casper

9. tmitchell

My student loans (PHEAA) verified as did my BK. Providian verified even though they have my name spelled wrong BUT they have responded to my request to delete for payment. I am awaiting their decision.

I had some old Collectech collections removed as well as one from North American Collections.

Capital Collections and Central Financial agreed to delete in exchange for payment. I actually broke the rules with these 2. I took them both at their word that they would delete after payment, never got it in writing. BUT, true to their word, they followed through with deletions and deletion letters. I must give them credit for their honesty!

Tom