Credit repair

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

Has anyone used a credit repair firm other than Junum or Lexington? How did it work out?

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Angela,

You can use these, however, you are paying someone to perform a service that you can perform yourself. Be leary of claims that they make.

Essentially most require a retainer, then ask you to obtain copies of your credit report and send it to them (or they obtain it for a fee well above the actual price). They simply use the dispute process of writing letters to the CRA. Some consumers have reported being "red flagged" by the CRA for "frivolous" disputes.

I have read reports that Lexington is under investigation by the Atty General in Calif for falsifying legal documents and sending them to CRA to try to have legitimate items removed.

Save your money, there is a wealth of information on how to do this on the web, one of the best this site.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yike! I hope that is not true for Lexington and their clients sake.

roni

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Dirty Innuendos

Bill Lockyer, the Attorney General of California, is a pathological liar. Being under investigation by him is one step short of sainthood.

I challenge dirty innuendos like yours whenever and wherever I see them.

5. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Actually, it doesnt matter who you go with, they will all do the same thing... they will dispute the negative info for you. As mentioned before, you can easially do this yourself, we have some free information that may be of help to you regarding credit repair on our website at:
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com
    You're welcomed to stop by and use it.

Do some research on your own first and try doing it yourself before going to a credit clinic, it may save you some hard earned money.

Good luck!

www.Creditinsiders.com

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I can agree with Creditinsiders.com, but let me say, I'm currently using Junum. (nothing to report, good or bad, yet)

The one thing you have to remember is that the process can be tedious and if you formulate your letters improperly, you'll be hurting yourself.

If you're willing to pay (and since you asked for other firms besides Lexington and Junum, I'd have to say you are), then I'd say let a professional do it.

I don't want to have to deal with it (personally) so I'd gladly let someone else do it on my behalf.

Yes, it's cheaper to do it yourself in terms of the money aspect, but cost is not only associated with dollar amounts. There is also time involved. And if it's botched, it may cost you FAR more than a few dollars.

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Bradley Ross

I am using Bradley Ross (http://www.bradleyross.com). I know I could do it myself, but I don't have the time or the patience. From what I've read on the board, my results seem the same as people who use Junum and Lexington -- or do it themselves -- get.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Bradley Ross

Shyguy,

Thanks for the info on Bradley & Ross. I appreciate that you included their web site.

From what I can quickly discern, this firm looks pretty reputable. What has your experience been thus far?

I like the fact that both a telephone number and physical address are listed. Also, an Email address is listed for each staff member and clients are encouraged to call their case manager for updates. Being able to easily get in touch with staff is very important, I think.

The cost is higher than Junum or Lexington, $60; but,if the service is good, I wouldn't mind. The company doesn't appear to make false promises. From the info posted on their web site, they're pretty honest about the results they can deliver.

Donna

9. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Hal,

Where did you hear that report? That's news to me (and I would've heard because I work with Lexington.)

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Bradley Ross

Bradley Ross is great.

11. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Still, no report of any investigation and no evidence of it whatsoever on the net.

Again, where did you see such information?

I'm calling you on it because it simply doesn't exist.

12. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Also, Hal,

You might not guess it, but Lexington Law Firm wrote the do-it-yourself credit repair information found on this site.

(Actually, I wrote it for Lex.)

Thanks!