credit report question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tareco, Apr 28, 2001.

1. tareco

tareco Well-Known Member

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered before--what is the difference between the consumer version of the credit report and the ones that the lenders get??

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I got a copy of my credit report about a year ago when I applied for a car loan. As far as I can tell, there is no difference. The lender gets to see your score, and you don't when you order a consumer credit report. This is just my experience.

Any other experiences?

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Erica,

did you apply for the Amex-student charge card yet?

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Soft inquiries didn't show on my CR that was pulled for my car loan.
    pat

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Not yet. I am going to wait until 1 round of Junum is complete and then see where I stand. I checked my FICO yesterday and it went down to 561 from 583. So, I'm gonna wait. I'll definately let you know when I do, and what the outcome of it is!

6. SET

SET Member

I have a copy of the Trans Union report the property management co. obtained when I rented my apartment.

Comparing to the consumer version of the TU report, other than the fact that soft inquiries don't show up, it's basically the same. It is a lot less user-friendly. A lot of the information is in code, where the consumer report shows a lot more English. Oh, and there is a credit summary section that calculates the ratios. That wasn't on the consumer version.

7. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Question for Erica

Hi, Erica!! What do you think caused your downward shift in FICO scores?