Credit report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desmond, Oct 5, 2000.

1. Desmond

Desmond Guest

I looking at my credit now In the collection agency column it is NCO Great Trust in my creditors column I see the bank that I originally had the account with the same amount. QUESTION: Do it suppose to be reported twice under 2 different names on my credit report.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No, not at all. However if it is a student loan it can. All other accounts can only be reported once with reference to the original creditor. Dispute it and threaten to file a complaint. NCO is a horrible organization.

3. mba in Pit

mba in Pit Guest

Hey Desmond: feel free to call me at 412-243-2224 and I can tell you how NCO appeared as a creditor on my credit report when the loan NCO reported was the same identical loan that I had had with MBNA America Bank. I sued NCO over this and I won. People may respond to your posting and tell you that NCO cannot be reporting a loan account that is really an account that you have or had with another creditor, except for education loans. I know from experience that what they "should do" and what they "can do" and what actually happened to me, and to others who have been in touch with me, is not the same.

Mark Aronson
    in Pittsburgh, PA
    October 6, 2000

4. gritar

gritar Guest

Hi Mark

I had the same problem with NCO. I wrote them a letter, filed a complaint with the FTC and disputed it with the credit bureaus. It was really ridiculous. I called them yesterday and they said they sent the account back to the original creaditor. Experian no longer finds them listed on my credit report. I am waiting to here from the others. Do you know anything about National Asset Management in GA. A friend of mine is having a big problem with them. If any one has info I would appreciate it.