Credit report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by HAZ, Sep 26, 2003.

1. HAZ

HAZ Member

First I would like to thank everyone who has helped and continues to help. I have found out that under the fair credit act if you are unemployed you are entitled to a credit report from each of the CA I did as one person instructed and that is to go to trans union and you can get theirs online with ease. but for the other two well lets just say ..........they are so friendly...HA... any way I have to send them a letter to get it so what I want to know is if anyone knows the phrase or pargraph within the fair credit act that states that. TU site just had that as a option but, I didnt see where it actually states that. I would like to have it so I dont have to do ring a round the rosey with them.

Thanks again

Haz

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

§ 612. Charges for certain disclosures [15 U.S.C. § 1681j]

(c) Free disclosure under certain other circumstances. Upon the request of the consumer, a consumer reporting agency shall make all disclosures pursuant to section 609 [§ 1681g] once during any 12-month period without charge to that consumer if the consumer certifies in writing that the consumer

(1) is unemployed and intends to apply for employment in the 60-day period beginning on the date on which the certification is made;

(2) is a recipient of public welfare assistance; or

(3) has reason to believe that the file on the consumer at the agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Warning:

If you tell them you're unemployed to get your free credit report, that can be entered in the employment information section of your file. I doubt if that would help when you apply for credit.

4. HAZ

HAZ Member

Thanks Jlynn I found it last night but I do appreciate you help. :)

HAZ

5. HAZ

HAZ Member

Well richguy
    Im not trying to get credit I have plenty Im just cheap and well while I can get a report for free I thought I should seeing how I havent looked at it for two years now. So they can go ahead and enter it in my file Ill have a job soon.

Thanks

HAZ