Credit Reporting Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credithelp, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

Here's my story. I have a car loan that was on my Equifax credit report that was 2 times 30 day's late, and that's what was showing on my report. I sent in a dispute in Dec. 2000 it came back as verified and that the creditor is reporting correctly. I paid my car loan off since and now I just got my report from Equifax on Sat. and it shows my loan is now paid off and now it's saying 28 times 30 days late and 2 times 60 days late. My question is how can they do this? Do I have a case? They just in Dec. said that everything is being reported correctly and it stayed the same and now my loan is paid off and it's showing this crap. What can I do? My loan is paid off, so I can't negociate with them. What are my options? Please help! This is a setback!

Thanks!

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

This isn't by any change Ford Credit is it?

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Oops, change= chance

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Call your loan company, they should be able to send you a printed payment history with due date and payment date. Start there.

While you are on the phone, tell them what EQUIFAX did to you and can they fix it for you.

EQUIFAX IS REQUIRED TO REPORT COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION.

5. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

Hi Jamie, No, it's just a local bank were I got the loan.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Yes George, Equifax is required to report complete and accurate information. Getting them or any of the big 3 to do that is another story. If you challenge them, they send you back to the creditor. The creditor blames it on the CRA's, they say its not their fault its the CRA's... Let the rat-race begin. I have wasted alot of time and postage running the credit treadmill. Recently, I disputed my name and was made to feel like I was commiting fraud. Who are they going to verify that with, if not me. I can't wait to see what pops up after I get this all cleaned up. No wonder people go POSTAL!!!!

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Why do they do this ?

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

what do they gain by doing this??

Jamie wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Yes George, Equifax is required to report complete and accurate information. Getting them or any of the big 3 to do that is another story. If you challenge them, they send you back to the creditor. The creditor blames it on the CRA's, they say its not their fault its the CRA's... Let the rat-race begin. I have wasted alot of time and postage running the credit treadmill. Recently, I disputed my name and was made to feel like I was commiting fraud. Who are they going to verify that with, if not me. I can't wait to see what pops up after I get this all cleaned up. No wonder people go POSTAL!!!!