Credit Reporting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by deuce_92, Aug 18, 2003.

1. deuce_92

deuce_92 Member

I have been reviewing the posts and I have a question on reporting. I want to settle my debts with American Express and some of the post say that I should negotiate with who is reporting. How do I know who this is? I look at my credit report and it lists American Express and then under it, it says collection account. I am dealing with a collection agency but is the CA reporting or is AMEX reporting?

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

If the TL says American Express - then it is them reporting.

If it says XYZ Collection Agency, then it is the CA reporting.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I am dealing with a collection agency but is the CA reporting or is AMEX reporting?
    deuce_92
    ===============
    What do you mean by dealing?

4. deuce_92

deuce_92 Member

By "dealing" I mean that I have payment arrangements with the Agency. The CA is Allied Interstate but they are not listed on the CR. American Express is listed but under it has collection account listed.

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

deuce:

if your trade line shows...

Allied -------
    American Express

Then in order to get the listing updated you would have to negotiate with the CA...

if your trade line shows...

American Express
    Collection Account

Then in order to get the listing updated you would have to negotiate with the OC.

The CA can not make promises on what the OC will do with the OCs listings, the OC can not make promises on what the CA will do with their CAs listings. (Well, they can make promises on anything, but they can't deliver on those promises.)

6. deuce_92

deuce_92 Member

thank you!!

7. lbrown59

The CA can not make promises on what the OC will do with the OCs listings, the OC can not make promises on what the CA will do with their CAs listings. (Well, they can make promises on anything, but they can't deliver on those promises.)
    jam237 |
    ----------------------- ------------------------- -------------
    This is not always so.

There is a thread somewhere else about this.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

but it is rare for the oc to give the ca the authority to make promises on its own behalf... ;)

ok, i'll ammend it to...

The CA most likly can not make promises on what the OC will do with the OCs listings, the OC most likly can not make promises on what the CA will do with their CAs listings.

with the caution that any such promises are the definate, I need this in writing type promises... even more than the usual promises... ;)

9. lbrown59

Re: Credit Reporting

deuce_92 | 4 posts since Aug 2003 216.118.190.140 | 08.19.2003 @ 17:17
    By "dealing" I mean that I have payment arrangements with the Agency.
    =================
    Did they validate before you agreed to pay?

10. deuce_92

deuce_92 Member

No. Istarted paying b4 I found out about this site. When I got my credit report I requested an investigation bc the balance listed on my credit report was less than what the CA sent me in a letter. Is it to late to validate if I'm on a payment plan? I will need about another year to pay this off on the payment plan.

11. deuce_92

deuce_92 Member

No. I started paying b4 I found out about this site. When I got my credit report I requested an investigation bc the balance listed on my credit report was less than what the CA sent me in a letter. Is it to late to validate if I'm on a payment plan? I will need about another year to pay this off on the payment plan.

12. lbrown59

Re: Re: Credit Reporting

Then even after it's paid off in full you will still have it as a black mark on your reports for 7 years because you didn't get it in writing payment in exchange for deletion,correct!

13. lbrown59

Re: Re: Credit Reporting

It is never to late to validate!