credit score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GHONEYHONE, Jul 16, 2001.

1. GHONEYHONE

GHONEYHONE Well-Known Member

how do you find out what your credit score? i applied for a target card and was shot down die to to many inquires and bk in 93 and a few judgements from 1995 i have a providan,captiol one, first nat..orchard and a first premier card secured...

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Experian score at www.creditexpert.com is a generic credit score.

TU you have to send for in the mail. You can order at their website www.transunion.com and pay $8.50

Equifax has a true FICO score online www.equifax.com -- I think it's a little over $12.

www.worthknowing.com is a free copy of something that resembles your Trans Union report and will give you a 1-100 score (most everyone here is a 5).

www.privista.com lets you see an updated version of your Equifax report every week and also gives you a 1-100 score that's more realistic than worthknowing.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, somehow I got the idea that worthknowing was a bad way to get a report..am I wrong? Did I get mixed up? It's not a hard inquiry?

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nana, The inquiry section on my TU report is the hardest of the three to read, but I don't think it shows up hard.

When all of the accounts on TU have been disputed I plan on going to the office for my local TU affiliate and asking someone to show me which ones are hard and which are soft.

The first time I compared a hard copy of my TU to worthknowing it wasn't even closed. I refreshed it after this round of TU reports and it's dead on.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT~WORTHKNOWING is soft...
    The TRANSUNION report is just something to go on...it may be up to date, may be months old...
    Mine has open accounts as closed and closed as open...

But it's free.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you both kindly!

7. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Do you mean 5 out of 100?? I have a 10...what does this mean??