credit score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dee, Dec 1, 2000.

1. dee

dee Guest

Just rec. my credit score form nowyourscore.com. Credit is a WHOPPING 546 I need help really bad. credit as it stands right now providian plat 1000 since 2/2000,just rec providain gold 300.houshold credit card 1000 since 10/2000,2 judgements on pd off,6pd charge offs,4 collection,3 charge off not pd,just starting to work on my credit many are being investigated thru equifax online. wolud appreciate any insight.

Thanks, Dee

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

what is knowyourscore.com. You guys lost me.

roni.

3. dee

dee Guest

my score is 546,

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Which agency was the score from? This does count as a hard inquiry correct? Really don't have advice, just curious though my scores were 540-560 and I have NO negatives, just one 30 day late??????

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

no. can anyone get their score at this site. How do you know it is legit.

roni

6. dee

dee Guest

the rep I spoke to did not tell which agency she used. I have emailed her to ask that very question.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Roni

I beleive it is a lenders site and it is a hard inquiry and I believe you pay????

8. dee

dee Guest

Roni, I don't know if its legit but this is the email she sent:Denise,
    Your credit score is 546. The reasons are:
    1. Serious delinquency and derogatory public record or collection filed.
    2. length of time accounts have been established
    3. too many inquiries in the last 12 months
    4. proportion of balances to credit limits too high on revolving accounts
    It sounds like you are on the right track trying to pay everything off.
    There are quite a few accounts on the report that are being disputed. What
    are the status on those? Are most of the collections medical? We may be able
    to help depending on your situation.

Thanks,

Kelly Mills

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh ok, here is the deal.

I got my scores from this site in the summer. This is a mortgage co. who pulls your credit. Yes, it is a hard inquiry. They tell you your score over the phone. The mortgage co is out of ohio. They are trying to sale you a home in Ohio, so you have to provide phoney Ohio address. It is a lot of work to find out your scores.

roni.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

Yes, mom I looked it up and I used this site in the summer. I guess we should just answer Dee's question now.

roni

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

I am just curious how my score is simliar yet I have no negatives?? Damn FICO

Mom

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dee,
    Welcome to the board. I know you are knew here, but the first thing You must do is buy a credit repair book which contains form letters. You have alot of letters to write. you must start disputing some of the collections on your reports. I would start with the paid ones. These are mostly the easiest ones to get deleted. YOu need to do it correctly though. Read a book or ask for advise here. Good luck

roni

13. dee

dee Guest

OK-Roni, I have read many of your posts. What book should i buy please give me any and all suggestions.I have already strted to disput the pd ones on equifax. I'm still waiting for tu to come in .

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Guaranteed Credit, by arnold Goldshein has about 22 form letters good one.

roni

15. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

what is the web address nowyourscore.com is this right. Thanks in advance Jim B

16. dee

dee Guest

I'm sorry its knowyourscore.com

17. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Sounds like the derogs. are the most damaging, but your other accounts are pretty recent- it takes a few years to "season" and really start to count towards the positive. GOod luck

18. Beth

Beth Guest

About 6 years ago I worked as a collector (please don't hate me!) My trainer recommended that we read a book - she was selling :) called Become a debt reduction & credit consultant. It really helped me to understand consumer credit a lot and it helped my sister clean up her credit after her divorce. Basically its a big black book & video tape about how to set up your own business as a credit consultant. It has lots of letters and lots of info about the different situations you may run into from getting rid of late pays to getting judgements taken off.

Renee recommended this book to us collectors because our company purchased charged off accts and by analyzing the credit reports we could see if the client was trying to "clean up" their credit. If they were, they were a prime subject and we would call & offer them a deal to "bullseye" their acct.

Anyway, my sister still has the book but I'm in touch w/ Renee if anyone is interested email me and I will pass your info to her.