credit score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevin, Mar 12, 2001.

1. kevin

kevin Guest

i got my credit score and it was 606. i sold my bmw (balance was 19,500), i paid off a cell phone bill that had become 90 days past due (amount 1,316) then i closed that account. does anyone know if my credit score will increase with these two actions and if so, how much.

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

The loan payoff may help a little, but I'm not sure about the cell phone bill. The reason is that for the next 7 years it will show that you had a 90-day late payment(unless you can talk them into removing the late). Anyway, a 90 day late on your report that is recent will hurt you for a while. As time goes on it hurts your score less and after 2 years it barely affects it at all. You'll gain a few points about every 6 months as that late pay fades away. Are you sure the bill was reported to the CRA? Was it to all 3 or just one CRA?

3. kevin

kevin Guest

the cell phone bill was reported to experian (595 score) and to equifax (607). it was not reported to tu (666)

4. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Historically, and with the exact same info at each bureau, your FICO (Experian) is always lower than your Beacon (Equifax), which is usually always lower than your Emperica (TU).