Credit Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

You can get your score now! 650 is mine - not bad - equifax is my worst report

Kelly

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: got my fico!!!

565 - 3 charge offs, 1 collection, too many inquiries, not enough establish credit (?), 8 pays as agreed accounts.

Guess thats about right for where i am.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Credit Score 0-2

DAmn it I can't remember my log in or password have to call on Monday, then I try to get hubby's score and I get error code 16 email and wait for reply. I am ticked off at the moment:(

4. zip

zip Well-Known Member

waiting for mine.took my credit card info and told me they would e-mail me when they were able to give me my info. they said they had a high volume of requests

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

where did u guys get this info from?
    Tell me please. I bet mine is a 100:)

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: www.scorepower.com

www.scorepower.com (equifax.com) $12.95 click on the "testing now" button and get it!!

7. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Do you get an inquiry for this?

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IS THIS WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO START TOMORROW FROM THE LA TIMES???

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Yes its online now!!

Yes this is suppose to start tomorrow. Its online now. It puts a soft-inquiry on your equifax (two actually, one for ID , one for credit).

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It's right now

But of course I get error for my hubby's score so I guess I won't here from them til tomorrow and I can't remember my damn ID so I still won't know til tomorrow.

Did anybody else get and error 16???

I am hopping mad:(

11. deleted

deleted Guest

yes but they use FICO...........

Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 02-19-01 21:06

JUST MY OPINION...F.I.C.O. does not give enough weight, if any to payment history...

12. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Error 16

I also got ERROR 16!
    How frustrating! And it says my husband is already a member and I can't remember his password!
    ARGHH
    I'm off to BBQ, what a dissappointment.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Error 16

Sorry Annmarie, but atleast I know it's just not us, but yes I am very mad finally release them on a SUNDAY so you can't get through:(

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Author: deleted (12.29.13.---)
    Date: 03-18-01 13:46

yes but they use FICO...........

Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 02-19-01 21:06

JUST MY OPINION...F.I.C.O. does not give enough weight, if any to payment history...

DELETED, AND YOUR POINT IS????

15. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

score

This is embarasing to admit, but my score is a 466!!! Man, do I have some work to do or what? I'm working on getting these old collection accounts off as of now, I have a discharged CH12 from 1993, TU and Experian have removed it, but equifax continues to report it :( other than that I don't know what to do.

Christi

16. other me

other me Guest

I think FICO scoring is screwed up.

I just got my score and my fiance's.

Mine (with perfect payment record almost 10 years in length)
    was a 639.

My fiance (with an judgement that is not his and Equifax won't remove that was added in 1/99 and a history of almost 7 years) was a 669.

Very screwed up!

17. me

me Well-Known Member

hmmm

I just got my score: 772. I'm trying to get to over 800 which they say only 11% of the population has. I think I can get there by disputing inquires. How do I go about disputing inquires? Do I have to dispute with the CRA or with the company that requested the inquiry?

18. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just tried, they said they couldn't verifiy my ID, to fax proof of ID. Duh. I guess I have to wait.

btw, I think the discrepancies in scores is one of the "big beefs" eveyone has with fico. Your score can change with no changes to your report. Go figure.

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: hmmm

Some people have had luck with disputing inquiries, others have not.

Dispute with credit reporting agencies and then creditors...can't hurt (UNLESS THEY PUT A FRAUD HAWK ALERT ON YOUR ACCOUNT)

20. deleted

deleted Guest

GEORGE

Point is that some of us follow your postings,like me and I agree with you that FICO is not always the favorite model.I like Qspace better(gives higher numbers)also low scorers are in good company.Those who pay cash...saved to buy that car and beat out the interest man.Renters who beat out the property tax man etc.------------------------------------------- on another note I received a pre-approved offer from Capitol One I thought it interesting that one of there selling points was "plus,you will not receive telemarketing calls from us!"