Credit scores and ratings

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Indnewssrv, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

Does anyone do this anymore?Does it take me applying for a mortgage..which will be awhile...before I can see my score.

cynthia

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyplace gives you your scores unless you go through lender or car dealer etc. Trans Union is SUPPOSED to release some scoring formula by the end of the year along with your reports when you order them, so you may want to wait for that. Boy will they be getting a FLOOD of credit report orders LOL

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I shoud add

That worthknowing .com gives you a free copy of your TU and gives you a scoring model, but many people have different views on this model it is NOT FICO and ranges from 1-100. Also true credit gives your Experian report with a scoring formula which ranges from 1-100 too but these are not ACTUAL scores but may give you a glimpse at your situation. HTH

MOM

4. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

I agree..it would be great to know where we all stand in regards to our credit.For me I just want to know if things are improving for me or still the same..but I think we all think that way :)

cynthia

5. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: I shoud add

Gee, I got a '0'. Yes, a ZERO from their credit scoring model. My offers were only for secured cards with onerous terms, yet my mailbox is full each week with offers for pre-approved platinum cards.

Other than being able to see your actual TU data (which is my case was incorrect in several case, I have an acutal recent TU), this service is virtually worthless.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Here's a link

For a discussion at Bayhouse regarding TU, some may find it interesting

http://www.bayhouse.com/discus/messages/4/981.html?976299918#POST6010

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I know the feeling I got a 5!!! Last time I checked it jumped to a whopping 15!!

8. Saar

Saar Banned

I'm not surprised.

FICO scores are based on statistical studies and risk factors proven in research. Worthknowing's score is based on pure guesswork and gut feelings, at best.

Saar