Credit site just fo women

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ALicia Bra, May 18, 2000.

1. ALicia Bra

ALicia Bra Guest

Hello Girls!
    New site still being finalized that is just for women! WomensCredit.com
    Come on by!

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Why?

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Barry N -

Barry N - Guest

Herb,

Interesting how there are many sites "just for women" on the net. But I can't find that one site "just for men". It must be a girl thing. ;)

......off to iVillage to "lurk" a bit.

Hehe,

Barry
    Disclaimer: this display of humor is intended for sarcastic purposes. It is not intended to reflect how I feel about ladies. So, Kristi, Mo, Momof3, Doris, Cynthia, bg, et al.... just ignore us.

4. creditwork

Thanks. Barry, I am glad you thought of that disclaimer. I would not one to be labeled.

5. bg

bg Guest

Barry I'm pissed, NOT REALLY, I'm still laughing my ass off, I can't figure out,
    as creditworks said (WHY?). I have always
    been under the belief that credit was for a
    man and woman. This board is a success because of the feedback and experience of both sexes. Alicia can you enlighten us as
    to why you think we women need a site of our own. Personally I have been rebuilding my
    credit through the wonderful advice I have gotten from both men and women on this board.
    Most of you know BOB is my husband, and has been through hell and back with his health
    and we had alot and I mean alot of medical bills, but we paid them instead of taking the easy way out (BK). Now we have had to rebuild from that and the advice from everyone on this board has made our effort a success to this point, and we both appreciate all the help and support both sexes have given us. So I for one will not use Alicia's site, it takes feedback from both sexes to get a true idea of what a person needs to do in most situations.
    Sorry this is windy but I wanted to say that I wish Alicia Luck, but credit is a cuthroat
    business and the advice of everyone is needed
    to fight back at the crooks.
    SINCERELY
    bg

6. creditwork

Well said.
    Continued success on your efforts to improve your credit.

7. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I could just imagine the indignant outrage if someone put up a site called "Credit Site just for Men." The clamor would be far worse if it was "Credit site just for Caucasians" or "Credit Site just for Protestants."

The point is that credit transcends any kind of labelling or "minority group" status. Having a credit site "For Women Only" makes about as much sense as having a "Pet Care for Women Only" site.

8. Michelle

Michelle Guest

I have to agree - and I am a girl!

There are a few things women are at a disadvantage at - but credit is one thing that we are all at a disadvantage of, male and female.

9. Beth

Beth Guest

I Think you may be missing the point. It is not supose to be about "Women Only"-= No men allowed. It is supose to be a place where women can discuss credit and debt just like they do here but instead of going to say, I-village, Avon or Women.com when they are done, they stay at one place. Now, us women may be very familiar with credit issues but not all women are. I went to the site and asked questions through their "Ask Queenie" page and got some damned good advice. I think you have to be open minded to get it. and J Edgar, not everything is about race and color. It is about women being able to look at a pretty site and shop and take care of women stuff while they rebuild their credit. I think it is a great idea! Not to mention that I do beleive they know what their talking about because I noticed the disclaimer says alot of info is provided by credit counselors and the staff at other credit sites.
    Geez, don't be so political all the time!

J. Edgar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I could just imagine the indignant outrage if someone put up a site called "Credit Site just for Men." The clamor would be far worse if it was "Credit site just for Caucasians" or "Credit Site just for Protestants."

The point is that credit transcends any kind of labelling or "minority group" status. Having a credit site "For Women Only" makes about as much sense as having a "Pet Care for Women Only" site.

10. bg

bg Guest

Betty, I think your missing the picture girl,
    and as for your statement concerning J.Edgar
    well your as dumb as you sound. His statement
    was intended to show a point not a religious,
    or racial issue, you perceived it that way
    just so you could try and put him down. But
    everyone who monitors this board knows he
    intended it as a point. And no one is getting
    political, I didn't see a political reference
    anywhere. But I went and looked at the womens
    site and I for one was not impressed at all.
    I think alot of us will stay here and get better advice from both sexes. You can take your sweet but to the womens site be happy,
    because we don't need you here that's for sure. By the way you posted your probably just a trouble maker anyway.
    bg

In case your wondering I'm a female, just so
    you know.

11. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Thanks bg.

12. Robert Gra

Robert Gra Guest

It looks like a nice site to me Carreon & Associates is part of it. Forum too.

"Content provided from Carreon & Associates is also approved and permitted."

13. bg

bg Guest

I know Kristi is apart of it and thats good she is really up to date on credit issues,
    and has been a great contributor to this board, I would trust here advice, their site
    is lucky to have her. I just hope she keep helping people here also. Besides SHAME ON
    YOU ROBERT GRAHAM, that's a women's only site
    they'll have you arrested for being a PEEKING
    TOM. It's just the idea of a womens only credit site, as J.Edgar said if someone posted here about a mens only credit site
    the women would go ballistic, I know I would be one of them. But you can bet your sweet ass if they don't find an answer there they like they'll come back here, to find one.
    I just really think it's a joke to classify a credit site just for women. It's sexist
    and stupid, we have always wanted men to treat us as equals then we do this.