Credit Wrench

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lwg8tr, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Sorry Dave, I'll only be paranoid for a minute more :)

Just to clear the air. I am more recently "Pat" I used to be "pscully", no aliases, I changed my handle, because I didn't feel comfortable having my last name, first intial, on posts that some CRA was reviewing, while I was disputing. I had read some disparaging posts about a different "Pat" on the old board, I'm not him (or her).

End of paranoia :)

I'm done stealing this post, sorry bout that.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

No I think George was joking too...very dry wit.

The reference to aliases brought back his hair trigger Bobby response that's all :)

-Dave

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WAS SAYING (bbauer) ACTS LIKE BOBBY'S UNCLE...

THAT'S ALL..................

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ahhh good to see you again, I wondered where you had gone :)
    (And I always thought it was a reference to the X-files :))

-Dave

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Ok, here I go breaking my promise that I'd let this post go back to it's subject :)
    Thanks for remembering me, I always feel anonymous around here.
    No X-files reference, although I do watch religiously. I occasionally get the "agent Scully" routine, but my wife get's it more.

Pat

6. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

No one ever said that I was a quick study. At least now I know that I am only weird because I know so. Thanks GEORGE, YOU HAVE RESTORED MY SHATTERED CONFIDENCE. OH MY, I AM TAKING ON THE PERSONALITY TRAITS OF OTHER POSTERS.WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

7. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll bite, Godaddyo. I'm obviously the "new name" that you mentioned. Gee, thanks for the welcome!

How did I end up with some CRA difficulties? Um, how about futzing up around $75,000 in student loan payments for starters... That'll do it. So here I am, trying to learn something about credit repair from you. Oops, given the hearty welcome you extended, I would like to amend that: I'm here to learn from everybody except you.

A few months ago, I came across an ad for Lexington Law Firm when first searching the net for reputable credit repair companies. I joined them in late March and am currently in Round Two with them. So far, so good. I've had 11 tradelines eliminated from Trans Union and Equifax (total). I've heard NOTHING back from Experian quite yet. That in itself is interesting, since they have a deadline to meet in answering the disputes (which, clearly, they don't hesitate to ignore). Bottom line: I'm sticking with Lexington for now, because I'm impressed. They're customer service is excellent: Each eclient is assigned a paralegal, and mine is very accessible, very responsive, and has a sense of humor to boot.

A couple of weeks ago I found this discussion board, and I love it. I've been lurking, but I finally decided to register and post. And then look what happened. You. Ok, I digress. Anyway, I discovered this board, and decided to search for messages related to Lexington. I quickly discovered that wherever there was a thread about Lexington, there were comments about Junum, Schroll (spelling?), and Bill Bauer. At first I thought, ok, Bauer's a one-man show -- pretty scary. But the more I read, the more I realized that this guy appears to be exceptionally intelligent -- even compelling. Ok, so he occasionally pontificates, and he's clearly selling himself, but what the heck. For $49, it looks like he may have a truly unique method or two that may pay great dividends. I'm ok with capitalism in action, and I'm perfectly capable of making a decision to pay or not pay someone who advertises their merchandise, ideas, offers, subscriptions, or whatever. To make a long story short, the guy sold me. This morning I ponied up the $49 at PayPal. Unfortunately, I'm pretty impatient. It's 10:12 p.m. where I sit, and I've not heard anything from him yet (except for the PayPal payment confirmation letter that was automatically generated). Patience, patience.

So why is a Lexington client paying Bill Bauer $49? Umm, I spend freely? LOL... Nope, I'm not replacing Lexington with good old Billie. I just want to know more about his unorthodox techniques. There is one account in particular for which I may need unorthodox techniques, but time will tell... Anyway, if "Credit Wrench" was a book, I'd buy it. So I bought his online deal, and I'm eagerly awaiting his ideas. And, no, I'm not going to divulge his "secrets" here -- he's entitled to payment for his ideas. (I don't see Lexington copying me on their dispute letters, for that matter.) However, I do plan to post a relative comment about the usefulness of his techniques (or lack thereof) as well as the quality of his customer service. (Ya hear that, Bill? Something better materialize for my $49.)

Ok, that's about it. Please feel free to email, send snail mail, or telephone me if you would like. Oh yeah, Godaddyo, may I also politely ask that you try not to disparage newcomers anymore simply because you're an old grizzled participant here? You were new once too, y'know, and I'm sure you would have felt pretty much what I felt had someone insulted you for showing up.

Wow, I just wrote more than Bill Bauer (or Godaddyo, for that matter) usually writes in a single post. This reminds me of the movie "Airplane" where the old lady hangs herself by the time her seatmate has finally decided to shut up. I imagine that quite a few people didn't quite make it all the way down to here, and I don't blame them at all. :)

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

PsychDoc, welcome. Daddyo meant no harm, but I'll let that go for him to reply.

---
    A few months ago, I came across an ad for Lexington Law Firm when first searching the net for reputable credit repair companies. I joined them in late March and am currently in Round Two with them. So far, so good. I've had 11 tradelines eliminated from Trans Union and Equifax (total).
    ---

Cool dude, congrats. I think you made a good choice.

As I am sure others are, I am interested to find out about Mr. Bauer's email list, only I do not have the courage to waste the 50. Without divulging his secrets, it will be good to hear an objective opinion of his program. He seems intelligent and crafty in his self propelled whack-ed-ness. But who knows it may be as informative as the Barbara Walters, Monika Lewinsky interview.

Anyway, post away fearless :) , we welcome your input and your opinions.

-Dave

9. godaddyo

I do apologize if I came off like a critical or noncompassionate person. I try everyday to make my self a caring and open individual. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep at night with my thumb in my mouth, thinking of all the harm that is potentially out there. Seriousily, I did not mean to make you stick out. I didnt recognize any of the names except one. So, just to let you know I wasnt singling you out. Also, you have every right to post your personal information here on creditnet. I wasnt implying that you were the imposter, but since you felt guilty I guess you had to post something,,,,I hope that everthing works out great for you and I wish you the best of credit success...

Sincerely,
    Godaddyo

10. godaddyo

By the way I am not looking for edification, just lots of sympathy for my sick and pathetic condition..

11. PsychDoc

Ok, GoDaddyo, you're forgiven. One thing, though. We shrinks are in the empathy business -- not the sympathy business. If you want sympathy, I'm afraid you'll have to die first.

Doc

12. godaddyo

Since you are one of those really touchy guys, I would like to inform you about creditnets ignore feature. Certianly someone with your education will be able to utilize it. You may really want to think about it due to the fact that if you peruse these boards you will be seeing a lot of me....I wouldnt want to single you out and make you feel like an outsider. I just thought it was uncanny that all this stuff was coming up in a discussion about Bill. That is all. You have made an ASSumption that is a shame indeed....

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I can grant slack as an ordained minister of the Church of the Subgenius.

Bob for God!

-Dave

PS Daddyo, I think he meant sympathy is for the dead not that you need to die. (I think) empathize/sympathize?

14. godaddyo

By the way my father is a psychologist. He always tried to get me to read those self help books. I remember the one about learning to say NO. It was a real winner around our house. He was also partly responsible for the Just Say No campaign in the 8o's.

15. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

You guys are a hoot!

16. PsychDoc

Hey, I'm sorry if my attempt at humor wasn't so hot. I guess it was my turn to offend you. If you thought I meant you should go away, I didn't mean that at all.

Doc

17. godaddyo

Dont worry, No offense taken. I just get a kick out of all the semantics on this board.. Lets talk again, Ok?

18. PsychDoc

By the way, it's 11:18 p.m. now. Where's my Credit Wrench? (My wife is sitting next to me and is reminding me that she's my Credit Wench, but she quickly added that she costs a bit more than $49. I can vouch for that.)

Doc

19. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

oh y'all are all crazy. ;)

breeze

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Is that better or worse than a monkey's uncle in your considered opinion?
    LOL

Maybe I could end up being my own grandpa?