Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Susan, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Susan

Susan Guest

Do anyone know of a company that can add trade lines to your credit file.

I do need credit cards.

Thanks
    Susan

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Why not take the same money that you would pay someone to add tradelines and apply for a secured card from Capital One or Providian?

3. Susan

Susan Guest

It don't look good on your credit report when it show up as Secured.

Thanks
    Susan

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Creditors are probably more concerned about how well you pay your debts rather than whether your cards are secured or not. Even if your credit is bad, you may qualify for an unsecured card from Providian. The rates are not the best, but they give you regular limit increases. I was able to get a Providian card after my Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

I think Chase and First Consumers National Bank cards do not report as secured. Folks on this board may know of others.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: capital one doesnt show as

At least not mine :)

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

cap one and providian secured

Capital ONe does not report as secured. I don't know about Providian.

7. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

RE: cap one and providian secu

One of my pet peeves with Cap1 was they do not report credit limits, but could this be an advantage on secured accounts?

-Alwilda Smith

8. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I've written the CRAs to get my Cap 1 limit reported. So far, TU has done this, and Equifax reported a limit, but it is the wrong amount.

I would think that not reporting limits is just as disadvantageous for consumers with secured cards as for consumers with unsecured cards since it increases your debt-to-limit ratio and lowers FICO scores.

9. Susan

Susan Guest

I just ran across this website might be a help to someone.

http://www.maxpages.com/chexsystems

Susan

10. Susan

Susan Guest

I just ran across this website might be a help to someone.

http://www.maxpages.com/chexsystems

Susan

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Is This a joke???

Are you kidding? $600 to get your name removed from Chexsystems? What do you think this is? People are using these boards to repair their credit and seek financial advice. Paying someone $600 to remove your name from Chexsystems is LUDICROUS!!!! I feel that you are taking advantage of honest people that are trying to turn their credit and financial status around and that's sad!

Who is this Robert guy? Does he work for Chexsystems or something? Or is he basically disputing people's Chexsystems entries on their behalf and banking on the fact that it will come back unverified? Which one is it?

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Is This a joke???

I'll tell you who it is - it is Bobby! Look at the grammar and punctuation on his site, it has his name all over it. I would suggest that everyone stay away from this idiot and don't respond to his posts when he starts to get nasty.

13. John S

John S Guest

He advertised a similar scam all over the credit boards a few months back.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have never delt with chexsystems, but I thought all you had to do was pay in full the price of the check + fees and you would be erased from the company???

15. tomL

tomL Guest

GEORGE wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have never delt with chexsystems, but I thought all you had to do was pay in full the price of the check + fees and you would be erased from the company???

NO, if you pay it off, negative entry is still in Chex, just marked with the "paid off" date. That is one of the reasone why people think Chex is screwed up. Telecheck deletes bounced checks if all fees and the check is paid off.

TomL