Creditcorp, Inc Gold credit ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Margaret G, May 1, 2000.

1. Margaret G

Margaret G Guest

Is the Cticorp's "Gold" card a true credit card like the Visa and MC?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Creditcorp, Inc Gold credi

No it is a SCAM, don't fall for it!!!

3. John Browm

John Browm Guest

Margaret Goodwin wrote:
    -------------------------------

4. John Browm

John Browm Guest

Margaret Goodwin wrote:

5. John Browm

John Browm Guest

John Brown wrote:

6. bg

bg Guest

Margaret, Credicorp is a catalog card, you can only use it to purchase items out of their catalog. The prices are overinflated,
    you can get the same stuff cheaper at W-Mart,
    K-mart, Target, etc. It is not a visa or
    MC. It's a scam as Momof3 says. Throw it away
    it's worthless.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I received a Creditcorp offer myself and wondered about it. They wanted 29 dollars up front, which is not a good sign. But they promised a 10,000 credit limit, which seemed like an enormous amount of merchandise even at inflated prices. Rather than taking the "obvious scam" approach, I took the "too good to be true" approach. That is, the offer seemed good even allowing for catalog prices, but there had to be some catch about not using the entire 10,000 all at once. Otherwise, I could have gotten the card and gone way over my head in debt. I can't possibly pay off 10,000 dollars. Even the interest at the stated 12% would have been diificult for me. They know my credit or income is marginal, which is why they sent me the offer. They know I can't get very much credit on normal terms. So how could they trust me to repay 10,000 dollars? The issue has to go beyond prices to the nature of the credit itself. I would guess you can't even use most of it for a while. Does someone know the whole story?

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I wondered about Creditcorp myself when I got their one and only offer based on my emerging credit profile. The credit limit they offered was 10,000 dollars, which is an enormous amount of merchandise even at inflated prices. Going beyond the catalog issue, which makes it an obvious scam to some people, there is another issue.
    The credit limit is way out of line for my income and my other credit limits, none of which exceeded $1000 at the time. They know I have difficulty getting very much credit on normal terms, which is why they sent the offer. So how can they trust me to repay or
    even pay the stated 12% interest on 10,000 dollars in credit? This is a separate issue from the price or quality of the merchandise. How can they profit from the scam if I never pay them back? My hunch is that you get very little of the credit at first, and perhaps never the promised 10,000 dollars. Does anyone have the full details about Creitcorp?

9. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Its very simple. It is a policy of Creditcorp and similar companies of its ilk to charge up to a 30% DOWNPAYMENT!!! thats right if want to make purchases up to the $10,000 limit you will have to cough up 3k first.

Thats why all these catalog 'credit' offers are one big JOKE. In contrast to a department store card from say Sears or J.C. Penny where your credit IS your credit.

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Steven,

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was wondering: what's the REAL catch? You are a fountain of credit information, which is probably why you seem bitter at times. It can be, and often is, a nasty business.