CreditExpert 1 pt inc - Household

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 17, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

My CreditExpert score went up one point today for no apparent reason. I searched through my report and found that Household raised my CL from $600 to $800 for no real reason.

They did do a soft inquiry on my Experian report on June 15th. My Household billing cycle did close yesterday. My Orchard cycle closes next week. I hope they give me the same kind of increase on that card as well.

Interesting correlation between the $200 limit increase and the 1 point score increase.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

My creditexpert score dropped 1 point today because my available credit dropped from 67% to 63%.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I had thought my Household limit was $700 (and I posted such earlier today) but looking back, it was actually $600 before the increase and is now $800.

I maxed that card out in May with a Yahoo paydirect transfer and have been paying it down slowly. The current balance is $250. I also have a $450 (out of $750) balance on Cap 1, a $312 (out of $2930) on Providian MC and a $3100 (out of $8949) on Providian Visa.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You know...thinking about this I'm going to watch what happens when my new $1,000 Providian increase hits in a few days.

It might not be such a bad thing to pay for increases if you have to if even such a small increase like $200 can have an effect on your score.