CreditExpert=A JOKE! Equifax=Good

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jshimmer, Jun 18, 2002.

1. erik776

erik776 Well-Known Member

Actually it is the Experian that you can not get a accurate FICO score from or on. While the score from Trans Union is fake the Score from E-loan pulls from your Trans Union file and seems to be close to the true score that Trans Union sells to lenders. The score that Equifax sells to lenders is the same one they sell to us consumers this FICO score they call a Beacon score.

2. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

Erik-
    So let me get this straight--The Equifax score is called FICO and Beacon. Consumers and lenders see the same score. And the e-loan score is close to the TU score that lenders see. It gets confusing and I appreciate your clarification. If I am still confused, please let me know. It sounds like credit expert (the Experian product) isn't a very good deal then (as others have already posted) after the free 30 days.

3. BiznoteGuy

BiznoteGuy Well-Known Member

I too recently had a mortgage broker pull all 3 of mine and the only one that was correct was EQ. EX was about 30 points lower than what I had and TU well, that was another story. lol...about 50 points less than what I had.

4. erik776

erik776 Well-Known Member

MandyB

"The Equifax score is called FICO and Beacon. Consumers and lenders see the same score. And the e-loan score is close to the TU score that lenders see."

A FICO score is a type of credit score. A FICO score must be on a scale of 300 to 850. A Beacon score is the name of the FICO score that Equifax sells to both consumers and to lenders and pulls from a persons Equifax credit file.

The score that E-loan gives away for free is on a scale of 300 to 850 and pulls from a persons Trans Union credit file.

See:
    https://www.eloan.com/myeloan/views...&sid=jNgdh0qZVxYoHsdhIBL016AMbFI&user=&mcode=

5. jambe

jambe Well-Known Member

Experian service not needed...

Once you have a copy of your report from Experian, you can view a current copy by initiating a dispute online. Since the score is bogus anyway, I see no reason to use the CreditExpert service after the free trial...

6. creditman

creditman Well-Known Member

Re: Experian service not needed...

I just use it for dispute monitoring, and credit report viewing. who cares about their bogus system. we know its junk.

7. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Biz, can you clarify please? Saying "This was lower than that" doesn't tell me which one is "this" and which one is "that".

Thanks!

8. Goaldriven

Goaldriven Well-Known Member

Im sorry, but why does everyone sound like this is acceptable. OH WELL!! Thats just the way they do it. This is not acceptable at all. Someone ought to be looking at the wording of the law that requires the CRA to share these scores with us. Its my understanding that the CRAs fought giving the consumers their scores. Now to come and find out they're like "screw'm we'll give them some bogus scores but we'll give different scores to the creditors". How do I know they arent factoring all/some of my deleated information into the scores they give to creditors. I'm sure these faulty scores do not fulfill the intent of the law. I cant wait till someone challenges Transunion and Experian in court about this. There should be one score or we should be given a breakdown of all of the scores associated with our credit ( your mortgage score is.... your auto score is....). This should be a requirement regardless if you pay $79 or $12.

9. lyndonb

lyndonb New Member

I am applying for a mortgage and I noticed my scores were nere your my EXP 619 TU 584 EQ 577 This scares me if my EXP and TU are really much lower than what they really are for FICO what do I need to get to. I was waiting till my equifax got up to 620 before applying. What do you think?