creditexpert.co.uk

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debs43, May 16, 2012.

1. debs43

debs43 New Member

I have just found out that creditexpert.co.uk have been charging me £15 per month for past year for using their service. I signd up for the free trial and did not receive anything back from them. I could not log on to the site either. I stupidly assumed that I was not a member. Having been ill for past year I am now starting to check my bank statements. Is there any way i can challenge this. I phoned them the other day to cancel and was told they could help me login so I got a bit waylaid. I did not login. If I have never logged in can they still charge me
    for using the service?

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

If you signed up for the free trial and then never canceled, they can probably charge you even if you never used the service. This is how companies like this make money. They hope that people don't cancel their free trials, and then the company makes it as inconvenient as possible to try and cancel. In the meantime, they try to collect as much money as possible.

Call them back and cancel right away. I would also try begging to see if they will give you a refund too...no guarantees though.

3. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

I have experienced the same thing with truecredit.com. I forgot to cancel their service after the free trail period. I notice after a few months and they did refund me one the monthly recharges that just hit my bank account when I called to cancel. Good Luck! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

The thing that sets this apart from the standard "I tried, but didn't like it" cancellation, is that you were never able to try the service.

You may be able to argue that if technical considerations precluded you from TRYING the service, you never actually even received the free trial, let lone the paid membership.

I would personally write as high up as you can to see if you can get some movement from the top of the service.

Of course, the standard, I'm not an attorney, and I don't play one on TV; and since we're talking about a UK web site, that's even an entirely different ball game than I've ever played in. :)