Creditexpert.com (Experian) Problem

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gavenraj, Jul 11, 2002.

1. gavenraj

gavenraj Well-Known Member

I have another question about CreditExpert.com.
    The following installment loans are being reported under "Monthly Payments:"

INSTALLMENT LOANS
    ----------------------
    KEYBANK USA:
    UNION BANK:
    GLHEC/CITIBANK N A: (Student Loan)
    NELNET LNS: (Student Loan)
    NELNET LNS: (Student Loan)

The last three (3) are deferred - and stated as deferred in the credit report - and I am not making payments on. Why are they counting them and their "monthly estimates" as part of my Monthly Payment?? I don't think they did that before.

I have two (2) other loans like the three above but they are not listed under Installment Loans.

Please help with any advice you may provide, as I can't dispute as of yet as I have several other disputes happening right now, so I must be patient.

-Gavenraj

2. luxury4me

luxury4me Well-Known Member

I think they've always done this because they know that you will eventually be responsible for paying them back & future creditors need to know this info in deciding how much credit to extend to you. They base it on their estimation that you'll be paying it back in 10 years, but you can always make it for more years if you owe a big amount & then they will put in on your credit report based on the new payments that you'll be making e.g., 15 years, 20 years etc.