Creditexpert - INQ not deleted!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose that it was bound to happen. I successfully deleted 14 Experian "hard inquiries" during July and August via Creditexpert.

However, I twice disputed one additional inquiry in September. Experian verified it twice. Needless to say, I do not plan to dispute it again.

14 deletions out of 15 disputes is not bad. I am glad I got rid of them while the getting was good.

Best regards,

Jim

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, if you can't get rid of it disputing with the credit bureaus, then why not get rid of it by making the collector take it off for you?

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Bill!

I have a question for you on another matter.

Have you had success at getting creditors to remove "BK discharged credit card accounts" from a credit report???

A writer here was very optimistic that with your help she is going to get 5 of these type accounts deleted.

I was surprised only because somewhere I got the impression that you like to work with collections not BK's.

Any input would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Jim

4. Saar

Saar Banned

You can't dispute an INQ more than twice anyway.

Saar

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I have never been in a position where I might have tried to dispute an INQ a 3rd time. Therefore, I really never considered that there may be a limit.

Here is my question???

Does the 2 dispute limit apply to all 3 CRA's or just Experian?

Best regards,

Jim

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sometimes we can get rid of a bk if conditions are just right.

We have to pull the bk court records to see if there is any chance at all.

Sometimes the credit bureaus goof it up and it can be forced off if they do that.

I would not make any promises about bk because the odds are very slim that I can get rid of them. Just once in a while if we happen to get lucky.

If that's all they have is bankruptcies, I don't even want to try.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

basically your assumptions about my liking to work with the credit bureaus and creditors is about the way it is.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Bill,

Your answer was very straight forward in regard to the BK issue. I do hope your client who posted here on another thread gets rid of her 5 discharged accounts.

Jim

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Send me an email and let me know who we are talking about here.

I do have a couple of customers who wanted me to try even though they were advised that it was just a crep shoot at best.

Whatever the situation, I need to know who it is (privately) because I don't want anyone to be laboring under any false pretenses or false assumptions about what I can and cannot do. I won't have that if I can help it.

so send me an email and tell me who it is. If I don't know, I might not be treating them fairly, and I won't let that happen if I can help it.

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bill,

Rather than E-mailing you - Here is the information on the thread. You should read it.

Posted by "loni"

Thread title - "For those considering Bill Bauer"

Just look back to 9-27-2001.

25 responses. One of which was mine.

Jim

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Just so happens that "loni" is one of those that is willing to give it a try but is well aware that the odds are not great.

We have been getting most of her things done and she is in contact with me just about every day or two or three over some matter or another.

Regardless of what her post may have seemed to say, she is fully informed of her chances of getting those off the record and is willing to try anyway.

Both of us are comfortable with what is going on and when the time comes that I can no longer do her any good, I will tell her that and we will part our paths.

I'm watching that one real close so that when the time comes, she will have the option to call it quits. Of course, she has that option at any time anyway.

I do thank you for bringing it to my attention however because I wouldn't want to take the chance that anyone dealing with me has any false hopes that cannot be achieved.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bill - You are more than welcome.

I strongly suspected that you had not seen the thread.

Jim

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's not quite true.
    Loni informed me that she was going to post the thread before she ever did it.
    I kept close track of all the postings, but never put in an appearance in the thread for more or less obvious reasons.

Thanks again.

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Says who?

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:
    I'd like to know the answer to that one too.

And yes, that probably sounds like I know something about the subject which I really don't.
    I'm just getting into disputing inquiries and I just got the green cards back from my first bunch of disputes, so I'm hardly a know-it-all on the subject of inquiry disputes.

I may be an awful long ways down the road in credit repair tactics compared to some folks who post here, but I most definitely don't know it all and I most definitely have a whole lot to learn yet, but I'm peddling as fast as I can.

No matter how hard I study and no matter how hard I try, I'm not ever going to know it all. There is always going to be something else to learn, and this just happens to be one of them.

So, yes, I'll be interested in the answer to that one too.

16. Saar

Saar Banned

Says the Experian online dispute system, when one tries to dispute an INQ for the third time.

Saar

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, Saar, I guess I'm just going to have to look and be stupid until I get educated on this subject.

What I fail to see is the following.
    1. Given that one applies for a credit card, actually applies for credit to buy a car (for instance) and actually buys the car (or whatever) on credit, then what basis would one logically be able to use to dispute the resulting inquiry? Since I don't know any better, I'll say there is no way to dispute the inquiry unless you are willing to just try to spam it off.

2. Given that one goes out shopping for something (let's say a car) and goes to a dozen different car lots trying to buy a car (or whatever) and they all pull his credit and none of them ever actually has him fill out a permission slip to pull his credit. Maybe he fills out a credit app and maybe he don't. (not much difference as I see it) Now then, the consumer goes to the credit bureaus and claims that all of the dozen are impermissable inquiries, which they are by FDCPA.
    He has lawful reason to dispute. But the CRA refuses to investigate after 3 lawfully founded disputes.

What to do in the latter example?

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It says that about any dispute which has previously been investigated. Try quoting the FCRA Section Section 611 (a) (1) in a letter mailed cmrr. They don't have an option. They have to re-investigate EVERYTHING you challenge as many times as you wish. Experian corporate policy (as EQF, TU) does not always match the legal requirements.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill: What section of the FDCPA do you see applies to inquiries? These are not debts.

I don't think people who apply for credit with companies should be disputing inquries to improve their score a few points. According to FICO scoring, if you apply for multiple credit lines within a short period of time, as in shoping for a mortgage or auto loan, the scoring system combines these to weight as a single application.

20. Saar

Saar Banned

I don't need to quote anything until I get to court. The lower level CRA employees won't consider it anyway.

The question was whether one can dispute online an Experian inquiry for the third time. The answer was (still is) no.

Saar