Creditexpert - INQ not deleted!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi NJ!!

I find it encouraging that not one other person came onto this thread to say...

Yes I belong to CE and I used to be able to get my inquiries removed with ease - but not any more. I have 3 inquiries on my EX report and I would like to get the 2 I have not disputed off.

Jim

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I found out yesterday that Saar is correct.

2 disputes against an EX account are acceptable.

However, a 3rd dispute will not be accepted.

Disappointed - but educated.

Jim

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Jim,

That applies to inquiries only? Just asking because I keep disputing the same tradelines over and over again.

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to dispute anything more than once or twice. Tradelines or inquiries.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I tried to dispute the inquiry a 3rd time - only because of my uncontrollable curiosity after what Saar had stated. I got an immediate Experian message in response to my dispute, saying to the effect that, this item had already been disputed twice and cannot be disputed again. I am paraphrasing the EX meesage because I did not write down the exact wording.

Jim

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't remember the CRA'S being given GOD'S permission or CONGRESS/SENATE permission to make laws...

Your name and ss# is in their computer, so you applied for credit with that company BECAUSE THE COMPUTER SAYS IT IS SO!!!

SO DON'T DISPUTE IT!!!

7. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Delete twice online and then go offline and delete by certified mail. Then file a small claims suit.
    Don't even mess around with them if they are ignoring you.

Just my humble opinion.

John

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

John:
    I sure have to agree with you. These birds only seem to learn the hard way and you have to keep fighting with them even then.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Humble...

But excellent opinion. You and Bill have the right idea!!.

Jim

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EXPERIAN...
    Once an item has been verified by the credit grantor, you may not dispute the same item again without providing additional relevant information.

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Jim:
    George has said it pretty well, and that's exactly the way I treat the credit bureaus.
    George has just said:
    You see, that's why I don't fool around with the credit bureaus much. I send my validation letter to the collector and then a few days later I send a verification request to the credit bureau. The next letter I send to the credit bureau is going to give them relevant new information which is that the collector demands that the item be deleted from the credit bureau record.

Lots of times the item just mysteriously disappears because the collector thought he was going to get out of the mess he suddenly found himself in by just deleting and not admitting anything.

That don't help him any. Next thing he finds out is that I didn't just go away because he deleted it, but that the debt he was trying to delete is a bit like the Tarbaby in the old children's fairy tale. Brer Fox got stuck to it and couldn't get loose.

I don't let loose of the collector until he sends a letter stating that the debt is no longer owed. That way I have it as a sort of contract that I can use later in court if the sucker decides to try to collect it again.

Lots of times, it's a collection agency and he thinks he can get rid of it by sending it back to the original creditor or selling it to another collection agency. Nope! That just puts him in deeper because the second collector is going to go back to him demanding the validation. Now two of them are stuck to the tarbaby. That's when it really gets funny because the second collector still has only 30 days to verify and the first one couldn't verify in the 30 day limit so how is the second one going to do it?

Both end up violating FDCPA and both have to pay the price for their screw-ups, all over the same debt.

They never learn, just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again, or they will try some different twist like trying to get CapONE to give you a new credit card or add the bill to the credit card you already have. That's really funny.

What makes them think somebody is so dam*** dumb they would put the bill on a credit card for them is beyond me. Like people are supposed to be so stupid they don't realize what the interest is going to cost them on top of the interest the collector added on too?

WOW! Forget it!

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

FCRA...
    No mention to limits of investigations or period of time between. <<--- relevant information!