CreditExpert...interesting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Mt friend is refinancing her mortgage and she had a tri merged report pulled on Monday, her Experian score was 675. I was mentioning Creditexpert to her and she decided to go ahead and try the trial offer and see what score they gave her, we were curious becuase as most know they never mention the word FICO on their site, well her score was EXACTLY the same, hmmmm has me wondering, coincedence or what??

Also, how do you dispute with them, I never ordered it so I am not familiar with the site?

Thanks

2. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Mom,

For what it's worth... we're in the process of building a house and my mortgage broker showed me all 3 of my scores. My Experian was 712. Less than a week later I signed up for creditexpert and it listed my score as 708. Pretty darn close (especially if you account for the inquiry from the mortgage co.).

I don't think that you can dispute through creditexpert, but you can dispute directly with Experian online at http://www.experian.com/consumer/index.html?ushome.

Hope you're enjoying that new house! We have a tentative closing date of November, 22..... though I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Take care.

Kirk

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mom, Kirk is right...you can dispute with or without Creditexpert! Hubby's score jumped 31 points today ..they are correcting those accounts I mentioned...collections going away..:)

4. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I pulled my CE report last night, and it was 614. Hasn't changed much in the last 2 weeks. I just opened an account with First National Bank of Omaha, and my FICO was 653. I pulled my CE report again, and it was still the same, and it showed the inquiry by FNB. I think that CE penalizes much heavier for inquiries that are over 6 months old than FICO. I have 6 that are 0-6 months, and 30 or so that are 6-14 months old. If I change the inquiries to 5-10 on the simulator, it raises my score to 660. If anyone else has experienced this with CE, please let us know. I would like to here from anyone that has a significantly lower score with CE, and a lot of 6 month+ inquiries.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Kirk, best of luck to you with your new home:)

Thanks Nana, we finally figured it out:)

Marvin I agree 100% about creditexpert and inquiries. Since my friend couldn't figure out how to dispute I went ahead and did the trial offer for myself, my second most important reasoning code was 2 inquiries in the last 6 months!!!!! That is unbelievable to say the very least. I had my equifax report pulled my score was 675, then I had 2 more inquiries, mortgage for tri merged report and an inquiry from electric company, my score went to 677??

6. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I am having problems with creditexpert, it seens to want to update for everyone but me! I havent had an update in about 10 days and since then I have made roughly 5 payments to credit cards and loans!
    They put my score at a 605 and right now Lexington is in Round 2 with my disputes, so I am hoping some changes occur soon....

sort of the same with privista, i had my first change in two weeks there this week and they sent me one of their id messages so i checked it and it told me that an account that i closed 8/00 had been closed....nah... really!

7. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Laray

When paying credit cards and loans, you have to remember that it doesn't get updated until those companies update the cra's. This usually occurs once a month, but sometimes only every 2 or 3 months.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Laray

I can't get CE until I send them proof I'm me...I guess my winning "form entry" didn't do the job..so as soon as I get utility bills, I'll do it.

Their timing does seem a little off...hubby's actual viewed report is different than what is shown on CE ...for instance, his view your report shows 2 negative entries (should only be the 1) and his listing on CE shows 1....wierd...

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nana, I got this message the first time I tried to sign up for Credit Expert. It turns out I answered one of the questions (about my student loan) wrong. The agency that serviced my student loan years ago is not what shows up on my reports.

I signed up again (had to pick a new user id) and answered the question correctly the second time. No worries.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Actually it's not trivial at all.

When their ID Guard says "account closed", it means the account was removed from your report.

Saar

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

It doesn't even ask me the questions before giving me the notice..it's been doing this on the regular online report request, too. When I was with junum, it started this...bummer, huh?

12. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Nana....

Call CE's customer support number and tell them. This happened to me and they said I had more than one active account with them. They deactivated the original account and I got in minutes later.

Tom

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, boy, I just had an instantaneous panic button go off. I am the one who had 2 files with Experian and one was hideous, the other was fairly good. When I first read this message..well, I had a moment of pure panic!! LOL..then I reread it and had one of those big AHA moments..

Thanks for the info..I"ll give it a try!