Creditexpert Simulator

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by durango444, Sep 2, 2001.

1. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

On my Experian report from Creditexpert my Amex account shows as open again. But, on the report, it does not show the credit limit. My score went up 5 points, so I decided to check out the simulator. The simulator shows my revolving limit 10K higher than when the account was closed. My Amex limit is 10K. Does the simulator include my actual limits, but the credit report does not? Very strange.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The simulator is not "real" - it is a toy they gave us to play with. :)

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Taken from the credit expert simulator page:;

Use the credit score simulator to better understand how changes in your credit behavior may affect your score. By changing the value of the variables we have pre-filled from your credit report, you can see how different events might change your credit score.

Why doesn't this score match the one I see on the other pages of Credit Report and Score?
    Keep in mind that the Score Simulator is just that--a simulation. Actual credit scores, like the one you see on your score analysis page, are comprised of as many as 50-100 variables. The score simulator uses only 6 variables that typically have a significant impact on most scores. Although this simplified score will not match your Experian credit score exactly, use the simulator to gain a better understanding how a credit score works, not as an exact representation of your actual credit score.

Note: This tool is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a guide to change your actual score.

4. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

I just thought it interesting that on my report the account showed as open again, but no limit listed. Then on the simulator the revolving limit was exactly 10K higher than they had just a few days ago. My new Amex limit. Also, the percentage of revolving credit available went up to match that 10K limit.