CreditExpert Users

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laray, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I noticed they were running a 30 free trial special and saw the annual fee for the service at 79 dollars and I just wanted to know if its worth the money?

Thanks!

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

30 day trial- awesome.

70 dollar subscription? , it's nice being able to pull up reports whenever you want and check how much your credit score is instantly. Is it worth the 70 dollars?

I think it is to me. I like being in total control lol

3. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

Unfortunately your $70 subscription doesn't tell you whats goning on at the other 2 CRAs.

4. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking. It sounds good....but 79 dollars for my worst credit report?

I may do the 30 day and then cancel it.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I just signed up and have had a lot of fun with the website during the 30 day trial.

I also got to dispute some items on my report. I was interested in the Experian product because where I live the lenders all seem to use Experian.

At the 30 day point, I will make my decision about the $79 fee and a 1 year subscription.

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I gotta admit - it's pretty cool to be able to log in and see your credit score RIGHT NOW (and do it every day, for us control freaks)- not like ScorePower which is as of the last time you ran it (and $12 each time).

For unlimited reports,it's worth it. And here in New England, just about EVERYONE uses Experian, so it works for me.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi mj!!

I presume from your comments that you are a "creditexpert" client like I am.

If you do any disputing, please update the board with the results - good or bad. I am disputing and will let everyone know exactly what happens.

Leo did everyone a favor here by discussing his initial success here on the board. I know that he is disputing again. We need input from everyone.

Best wishes - Jim

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've decided I'm going to keep it. It's a bit pricey, but of the monitoring services I've seen it has the best features. If Privista was unlimited real-time access I think I'd be willing to pay a little more for their service as well.

With the addition of the credit score (real or fake arguments aside) I think the Creditexpert service is a pretty good deal.

The one service I've signed up for that I don't think is worth a dime is Identity Guard. I'll probably be canceling that one.

9. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

Does creditexpert update more frequently than privista?

10. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I have all 3 (Privista - Equifax; CreditExpert - Experian and Identity Guard - Trans Union).

In my experience, CreditExpert updates FAR more frequently than Privista. Privista seems to update every week. CreditExpert...when you request to see your report, you get a new report directly fro Experian. Whatever updates have been name to Experian are seen right then. I went to my inquiries section and each time I viewed my report on CreditExpert, I see a soft inquiry on my report. Sometimes 2 or 3 times in one day! I've also seen my score go down in the course of 2 days by 15 points (new account and 1 inquiry).

So far, CreditExpert wins my vote, but I don't think I'll be keeping it. And I agree...if Privista got more features, I'd pay a little more for it. I'm really trying to monitor my Equifax since it's my best report. Once Experian gets cleaned up...I'll invest in a monitoring service.

As far as my results from disputes on CreditExpert....this is the low down:

I disputed 5 or 6 incorrect address - all removed
    Wrong DL number - removed
    Spouse - removed
    Company name (misspelled) - removed

I also disputed 4 names and 2 were removed (I disputed as incorrect spelling). The other 2 I disputed as "Never been known by that name" and they are still there.

I will be disputing the names again as incorrect spelling and see if that will remove them.

11. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I think I am keeping creditexpert for the reason you all state. I also have equifax subscription. It's not as powerfull as creditexpert. Only 5 updates a year and then it's 8.95 per report and it cost 12.95 for each score power. But I do like that they send you a email if something changes on your report and ask you to log in and see it.

12. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

Ok, I tried it out for the 30 days and I really like creditexpert....however, I don't know if I want to spend the 79 bucks for it. Steep price for my suckiest report from the suckiest CRA!

I have privista for my equifax and it so far behind! I got a ID guard notice for an account I opened over a month ago. But I guess for something nice like creditexpert, you have to pay the big bucks. I paid 29 dollars for privista, I wish they had a few more features....but I guess for now it will do.

13. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

has anyone had more luck with the inquiry disputes at CE?

Thanks!

Cyprigirl:)

14. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

They had my father listed as my husband, needless to say I disputed that and I wanted to dispute an incorrect drivers license number, but you have send in letter by snail mail for that. Hopefully they clear up the spouse thing.

15. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I would really like to use CreditExpert but I can't. For soem reason when I sogned up they only showed me 3 accounts from my Experian report. I have some 20 or so tradelines!!!!! What's really odd is that they show my total debt to be $20k which is correct when you take into account my car loan...but they don't show the car loan on my actual report!!! Customer service was pretty much no help. The final suggestion was that they would cancel my account and then I reenroll. Well that didn't work because now I can't even get back into the service! Whenever I login (and even with the new password they supplied) I get this message saying my account hasn't been activated! At least someone was smart enough to boost the problem up a little higher....