creditwrench

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Jul 12, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Hi, is the creditwrench program in an electronic format, or paper based. I just ordered it (it's only $50 bucks) and want it asap. Thanks for any info.

mt

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

It's in electronic format, mostly by email.

Please have a bit of patience with me.
    We seem to be having major problems with the DSL service here in Oklahoma City over the last 24 hours. We have been down most of the last 24 hours.

I have been informed that parts of Arizona are also affected. We may well be in the throes of electrical brownouts. We are getting a lot of problems with almost constant usage of our UPS electrical backup systems too. Our generators have to keep coming on and charging up our battery systems to ensure electrical power at all times.

This is true both at my home and at the office. I have a 50KW diesel generator at my house and we have a pair of 100,000 watt diesel generators for the office. At the office, we are using a battery of fork lift batteries for our main source in times like these and those are fed from the diesel generators. Even with all of that, we are still having major problems because SWBell DSL keeps going on and off. When that happens, we automatically switch to 56k modems and any one of several ISPs. It's the same at the house where I keep 2 ISPs available at all times whether I use them or not. So right now, I'm using a local ISP and 56K.

When I do that, I can't send out email unless I reconfigure the outgoing mail server and I don't want to do that because I'd have to do it every hour or so or whenever the DSL comes back up.
    It's a mess, so please bear with me a bit.

I'll get to you as soon as humanly possible

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

MT, "CreditWrench" is Bill's product name for what should be called "Access to Bill's Great Counsel By Email & Phone, Web Pages, Letters, and 'Secret' CreditWrench Technique." When Bill gets his DSL straight (this seems to happen about every third month, Bill... time for a new provider, lol), he'll email you. You should arrange a time to talk with Bill by phone for about an hour. Review with him your situation, and go from there.

I think "CreditWrench" should be a book. Maybe Bill will assemble all his web pages and best suggestions, tie it together with his pithy prose, and sell it that way. I don't think Bill wants to do it that way, though.

In any event, if you don't like his methods, he'll refund your money.

Randy

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

MT.

I know who you are now, and I"m trying to get an email out to you as we speak, but the damned thing just don't want to go.

I'll get it out ASAP

5. MT

MT Well-Known Member

That's okay -- I was just curious. It's a little bit late to read it anyway, must be at work EARLY tomorrow. :) Thanks!

p.s. for those having DSL issues -- I have earthlink/mindspring, had great service for about 6 months, then terrible service(speed), Covad reprovisioned my line and all is great again.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Randy:

Disgustingly enough, you are dead right about this being the 3rd time.
    And what is even worse is that I am tied to a 2 year contract with SWBELL DSL.

All the high tech stuff and the old 56k modem is doing a better job.

While we are at it here, I just came from a meeting where it was said that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has recently handed down a ruling that strikes down just about every commercial contract ever written!

The neat part about it is that the way the ruling is worded, one might even be able to prove that while reposession is apparently still legal, selling the stuff or the property after repo is illegal.

Now then, if that is even remotely true, it sure would put the creditors in a heck of a bind.
    Imagine Ford Motor Credit and GMAC just to name a few if they suddenly could not sell all those cars they had repossessed?

That would be one H of a mess.

Even if it's true that such a ruling has come down, it's sure to be appealed to the Supremes who would surely strike it down.

The rumor of such a ruling, and that's what I think it is, rumor, will be interesting to track down just to see what happens with it if it even exists.

If indeed it does exist, just the threat of it could be devasting until it gets struck down.

We will just have to see what some research can find out about it.

Might be fun

7. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Bill....

Can creditwrench help me with two very recent charge-offs from Providian and Orchard? Providian has horribly misspelled my last name in there records and I am disputing with the CRAs as not mine because of this. Neither will negotiate deletion for payment.

Tom

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Charge offs are no different than any other entry.

Makes no difference that it's from credit card companies or whomever. Nor does it make any difference how recent they are. It does help sometimes if they are older accounts, but still and all, it's basically the same from a handling standpoint.

As far as mispelling of your name is concerned, it's ok to dispute on that grounds, but even if you do get rid of it on those grounds it will most likely come back to haunt you when they all get their act together, and the net effect of your disputes on that basis may actually help them find their mistake and nail you with it, leaving you no hidey holes.

I'd do the same thing as you, but I would already know what the end result would be and that would be for them to get their act together and nail you good.

No, you need to go after the original creditor and get rid of them first. then with them gone from the scene and the debt out of your hair once and for all, then you can go after the CRAs and they won't have anything left to verify, so it's all gone for good.

That's what creditwrench is designed to do. Get rid of the debt first so you don't even owe it anymore and then go get rid of the record of the debt you don't owe anymore too.

That gets the job done and done right.

Will it work for you?

Hasn't failed so far.
    And yes, I'm willing to bet that it will sooner or later simply because it can.

All I can do is hope the inevitable won't happen any time soon and that I will have a ready answer to the problem if it ever does.

Nothing is perfect.

9. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

Bill,

Phone companies are the epitome of evil. I deal with them every day. I'm also considering buying your package if I can find out if it will do me any good.

Mike2

10. Illini

Illini Well-Known Member

I recently purchased the CreditWrench. So far, I am very pleased with it. Bill answers all questions very quickly and sets you on the right path towards credit restitution. I am getting ready to send out some letters and I will keep posted on results.

Illini

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, so do those of you feel that what this program has to offer is different than most? (As in typical credit repair books, etc.)

12. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

How is creditwrench for those of us just trying to have delinquencies removed? Mine, with the exception of one, are on closed or zero balance accounts. The program, from what I've seen here, would seem to be most useful for those who have some leverage or have bk, charge offs, etc. How useful could it be for someone like me?

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Telephone, gas and electric companies are most usually regulated by state agencies which are called "Corporation Commissions" or have some other name in various states. Each state has it's own name although most are probably somewhat similiar.

The fact that they are regulated give one an advantage in that the regulatory agency is someone else you can complain to. Not about their service, but about violations of the FDCPA. That's going to be a tough row to hoe for the regulatory agencies since they won't be accostomed to dealing with that kind of complaint, but since government has to be all knowing and all encompassing and have all the answers for all the people. Or so they like people to think.
    then they just might help out some. And if they don't, OH WELL! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Then there are even more advantages when dealing with most public utilities in that they are simply not used to having to deal with FDCPA and other such laws. and their collection agencies are usually in-house collection agencies which are nothing more than "shells" set up for that purpose and only to scare the public. That's usually proveable by the fact that if you want to pay the bill in full and you go to the utility itself at it's offices and offer to make payment in full in return for restoration of services, they put up some lip service about their poor collection agency, but if you tell them you don't care about their collection agency, you just want to get the deal paid and service back on and if they love their collection agency so much then they can just send them whatever is due the collection agency for their services as they see fit. If it's an in-house, they will go along with you and if it's a true collection agency, they usually won't.

So when it's all said and done with, Utilities are usually a bit easier to deal with than normal situations because the government is down their throats so much.

One problem is that many people believe that many companies are under PUC jurisdiction when they really are not.

Examples:
    S.W.Bell Telephone company is under PUC jurisdiction. S.W. Bell DSL service is not. Cellphone service is in some states and not in others.

Cox and other cable companies are not in most states that I know of.

You have to check with the regulatory agency in your state to find out who is and who is not and what specific services the local PUC deals with.

But in the end, it makes little difference because the tactics I use gets them all.

Where it falls short yet is in dealing with situations where the debtor has paid the creditor in full. This means that the debtor no longer has any protections under FDCPA, although every once in a while you can catch a collection agency who is either too stupid to realize that or just don't happen to think of that little fact so they fall victim anyway.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Mist:

I'm not seeing your picture completely. Send me an email so we can discuss it a bit more.

One thing you can be sure of is that I will give you an honest evaluation of what I think before I let you pay me a crying dime. That's because I don't want to have to take somebody on without knowing where they are going to end up in advance. I don't want to have to be refunding someone's money because I couldn't do them any good. That just creates hard feelings for the both of us, and I don't need that so I'd rather take the time to get a clear picture before any money changes hands.

I'm not in this to beat people out of money. When I take on a deal, I want to be absolutely certain that they are going to feel like they got their money's worth and a whole lot more.

This old idea of milking people for all they are worth just don't cut it in my books.

15. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Bill,

I've sent you an e-mail. I didn't think you would milk anyone <g>. Just didn't know if delinquency removals was one of your areas of concentration because most of the posts I've seen here were for more serious stuff. I look forward to your reply.

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You should have it by now.