CreditXpert is a JOKE! WTF?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

On 7/3/01 I reqstd. my score. 579. Ok, I figure,the only way to do this is to go up. Today 10/27, I look at it again 569. They suck. I read on to further determine what has happened to make my score so low. It shows that I have 7 accounts. Which bureau are they pulling from? I thought that it was EX. This is nuts. Just when I think I am on "the good foot," some damn Freddy Krueger twin rears its head. UUUUGGGGGHHHH! Help me figure this one out people.

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I think I read here the other day that they are using TU now. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

3. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Even if they are using TU, their rap is still wrong at least in my case.

4. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

my report still says experian

5. Jeff

Jeff Guest

CE is Experian.

Last week my CE score went up 12pts. The only change I can find with my report is that my new BofA card was added. My ratios were already very low so I can't imagine the new credit line would have made much of a difference. If anything, I thought the new account would cause my score to take a temp. hit. ????? Who knows? CE seems goofy to me.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

7. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Actually, there are two different products:

1) CreditExpert.com is definitely the online consumer site for Experian.

2) CreditXpert.com is definitely NOT Experian. They may well use Trans Union, although they aren't owned by Trans Union (the way CreditExpert.com, the other one, is owned by Experian).

Doc

8. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Jeff,
    Could it have gone up because accounts aged a little more?

Another reason would be that sometimes a new account with a nice high credit limit boosts your score more than it hurts it. This would be the case if the new account significantly helps your debt to credit limit ratios.

Mist

9. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Lord, we typed our answers at the same time, Bkev -- great minds think alike. :)

Doc

10. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Thanks for the correction Bkev, I wasn't reading closely enough.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

12. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Thanks Mist, that makes sense. It was a mystery to me. I was just happy to see it head north for once.

Thanks to you too Doc for catching my error.

13. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Ok, I've got it right this time. CreditXpert is still a joke. Reporting my scores as gutter scores. TU's score says 590. Stinks, but with 3 more deletions maybe I will get better. CreditExpert says 612. 2 more deletions to go. Now if Equifax wants to give me a free 30 day trial then I will be more than delighted to take a look. I have to do it some time this month before I go see the loan officer. Just an update.

14. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

There was about a 60 point difference between my creditxpert score using TU and the actual score I received from TU.

15. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

positive or negative from the TU score?