creditXpert(not EXPERT)/Eloan score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by doodyhead, Nov 2, 2001.

1. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

Eloan says it is Credit Xpert score - when I click on "order report" it tells me my score was based on a TU report. My TU report dated 10/23 shows 487 score (pathetic, I know) and I pulled Eloan last night, which shows a 554 score.

What do you think is more likely? TU going up 67 points in 8 days or Xpert score being wrong?

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Xpert being wrong. They were off by about 70 points on what TU had for me.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think reports are pulled from your TU, but scores are based off of you EQ info

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: creditXpert(not EXPERT)/Eloan s

I thought they based their scores on Equifax soft inquiries.

I was aware that they brokered Trans Union reports, though, as well.

I could be wrong, but I believe the eLoan scores are based upon your Equifax data. They aren't the official FICO Beacon scores, but are based upon an eLoan proprietary formula that approximates the FICO.

Doc

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: creditXpert(not EXPERT)/Eloan s

:p I beat you to the post doc! :p

6. doodyhead

from Eloan=

Based on your credit report data, your CreditXpert Credit Scoreâ?¢ is

Please note: Your credit score was based on a TransUnion credit report, whereas this free report is from Equifax. Although these reports are usually similar, there are often differences. Therefore, you may not see items described in your credit score analysis on this report. To order a TransUnion report for a fee, contact them directly.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: from Eloan=

Well Doody, I have my eloan score right here in front of me... They do not mention any credit reporting agency at all in my fine print... They do mention a range from 350-850. I'm looking at my TU Consumer score also... It's range is 150 to 934. However, my last FICO score from Equifax says the range is between 300 and 850.

So... I don't know about your report, but I know my ELOAN score is not the same.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Yep.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I stand corrected! You would think they would print the disclaimer on the damn report! Thanks for the info Doody!

11. doodyhead

You know how they try to hide stuff from us. That's just another fine example. However, eloan said my score is 554 - that's a lot higher than 487. Who knows.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ELOAN was FICO... when it pulled from EQF. TU Consumer Score (with their report) is not FICO. Maybe this is?!?!

Just pulled my ONLINE LIVE TRANSUNION... There it is soft inquiry from ELOAN....

13. doodyhead

I just pulled my TU online, also! My score is now 517, not 487. Up 30 points ??? Last night, eloan said 554. So there's a bit of a difference there

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Whatever, this score business simply has to be whittled down to a more or less standard way of looking at the situation, and in time it will be. I'm told that the government is working on some legislation which would help to cure the problem once and for all.

If they do that, I have a sneaky suspicion that while some progress may be made, it will probably end up being like the government's final answer to the terrorista threat with the consumer considered to be the terroristas.

I'm working on some "final answers" of my own and I think it's important both to me and those who look to me for help or might consider doing so.

Here is why. If I can come up with a solid and reliable score for someone right from the start and provide that score to them at the beginning and then provide it to them again every month without it making an inquiry of any kind on their scores then we both have a solid and "affordable" method of knowing how much progress has been made. How goes the battle in other words. After a while, I would be able to average out the results of any given set of tactics and know exactly what works best and what don't and why. I would also be able to better know which attacks are likely to produce the most dramatic increase in a customer's score and go after those first. That's pretty obvious even now when they have judgments and credit card derogs and mortgage defaults and stuff like that but by keeping tabs on the increases in scores by company we would be able to produce even more dramatic increases even sooner. As an example, does a successful attack on Cap One produce a better score than a successful attack on Providian? At the present time, we have no way to know those kinds of things.

Then there is another answer desperately needed which Bkev pointed out the need for. Right now , about all that can be said is that credit repair company A got rid of ZZ derogs and it cost the consumer $XX.xx and it took YY months while credit repair company B got rid of ZZ derogs and yada yada yada. If this can be reduced to a simple equation stating that I can raise the customer's score by say 100 points in 6 months for a total cost of whatever and be able to prove that statement over a sample set of say 1,000 customers and keep a new set of figures for each successive 1,000 customers then I know exactly how well my methods work, which general direction my trends are taking, better or worse, based on statistical analysis of the results and I will also be able to get a pretty good idea of how my methods compare to those used by others who are working to improve their scores.

I'm working on being able to do just that. I think it's vitally important to all concerned.