Criscraft, RE: Cap 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 14, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Hi! I saw in another thread that you were able to remove Cap 1 charge-offs? Can you tell me how you did it? I just disputed a paid charge off from 1996, and it was verified. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

2. penguin

bump

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The best way to get paid charge offs knocked off of your credit reports is to threaten to sue them if they don't remove them.

Make them believe that you really will sue them and are ready to go file on them and most creditors will delete rather than to fight a court case before a jury trial.

Talk to them nice first and if that don't work then put together an authentic looking set of court filings and send them that.

see how far they will push the issue.

Most will back off before they spend the money to fight even if you don't stand a chance of winning. They don't want to take the chance you just might win.

They would have to hire a lawyer and you don't.
    That makes a big difference not worth fighting when you already paid them

4. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Penguin, I had two unpaid CapOne charge-offs removed by negotiating with Mr. Miller of CapOne's Consumer Advocate office. I am paying off the charge-offs in full as part of the settlement I reached with him. If you have a reasonable excuse for the charge-off, you probably can persuade him to accomodate you in some shape or manner. Do a search under my user name (chriscraft) and you will find a post from me in the past two weeks wherein I gave out Mr. Miller's phone number. Good luck!

5. penguin

Thank you! I hope I have room for negotiation since it's already paid!