Crooks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Stupid, Jul 1, 2000.

1. Stupid

Stupid Guest

First National Credit Card is nothing more than a cover for First Premier. Like an idiot, I didn't read the terms and conditions when I applied. Imagine my surprise when I attempted an 80 dollar chage and I only had 75 available to me when I received that nightmare of a card.

2. informed

informed Guest

I just received a visa from First Premiere Bank, yours was the second complaint I've read on this bank. I received a credit limit of $250.00, which isn't alot, but after they take out the $98 processing fee and a $70 fee for something, like you I'll only have a $77 credit limit. I haven't used it yet, and I think I better return it before I'm liable for those fees!

3. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

If you were truly informed, you would have taken the TIME to read the fine print and known they planned to charge you those fees. Good luck returning the card and avoiding the fees, I read other people posting about nightmarish collection efforts after doing this very thing.

Lesson to be learned, just pay the fees, keep the card if you like since you're going to pay anyway, and don't bypass the Terms and Conditions in the future.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I agree. Even if you return the card, you'll probably be liable for the up-front fees, and failure to pay them could be disastrous to your credit reports.

Your account with them is already set up. Your best bet is to keep the card for at least 6 months and pay the monthly participation fee. This will at least give you a positive credit line. I've read that abruptly closed accounts can be a detriment to a credit file.

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Yep I agree with Doris. Keep the account pay them way before the due date, perhaps even right when the statement closes even if you haven't recieved a bill. I hear sometimes they are late sending them out. The post office has delivery confirmation available for an extra 50 cents or so, you may consider doing that, then you have proof in case of any problems. Then close the account before renewal.