Cross Country Bank- Better Terms ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Nov 3, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys..
    Just when i was ready to close out my Crooks Country account I get a letter stating that for a $100 they would raise my credit limit from the $350 it is now to $1500 and drop my interest rate from 18.99 to 16.99..Not a great drop but hell I have had my 2 Providian accounts for the last 8 months and not had a offer for a CL increase..But anyway is that not amazing..Cross Country actually showing some generosity ??? I may hold on to the card a little longer..

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give them a penny to do either of those things. Call over the phone and say you got a letter stating you could call them to get a no charge credit line increase and interest rate reduction. NEVER NEVER pay for those things, it's not worth it.

3. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

that's real generous, charging you a hundred bucks for terms you deserve for having good payment history with them............PFB them and tell them you should recieve the limit and the APR reduction without shelling out one hundred clams or you will use their credit card for a bookmark. I cancelled my card with them and they had the nerve to tell me to mail their card back to them. They gave me an adress, but no prepaid envelope, hell they gave me no envelope at all. I called them and told them I have it here at my house if someone would like to come pick it up. They didn't think that was too funny. I told them I would be home saturday and if they didn't show I would consider the matter closed. The rep kept saying, "Sir the card is property of Cross Country bank" So I told them they had 30 days to come get thier property.......Sometimes I crack myself up, I was histerical on the phone. I couldn't stop from laughing at them.

4. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

I used PFB last night and did just that..Demanding to waive the cl fees