Cross Country Bank Class Actio

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Don, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member

It is now official:

A class action suit has been filed in the Southern District of Florida (at Boco Raton) against Cross Country Bank and naming Applied Card Systems, Experian, and Trans Union LLC's as co-conspirators.

Case name:Cutshall v. Cross Country Bank,
    Case No.00-8670-Civ-Ryskamp.

Filed: July 21, 2000.

The lawsuit makes five claims: 1) violation of RICO, 18 U.S.C. 1962(d), charging a pattern of racketeering activities; 2) conspiracy to violate RICO, 18 U.S.C. 1862 (c); 3) violation of the Truth in Lending Act; 4) violation of Consumer Protection Statutes; and 5) common law fraud.

Damages: 50 million, per count, along with punitive damages to be determined at trial. Trebeling of the punitive damages as appropriate.

If CCB is truly innocent of all their loansharking activities, they will soon have their chance to prove it...

2. Len

Len Guest

RE: Cross Country Bank Class A

Don, is this info from a newspaper? Where did you find it? I'd like to know more.
    Thanks for posting this!

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Maybe that will dowse the "Lake of Fire" on this Devil Card! LOL!!

4. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

They're probably working overtime shreding and burning evidence as we speak. :)

5. BOB

BOB Guest

I got so excited when I heard this I filled by Depends, but it was worth it. Alex they can shred and burn all they want, but they
    can't shred and burn the evidence the customers have against them. It will be interesting to see how much they get burned for. Those wonderful employees that come on here and call all CCB customers deadbeats,
    and lowlifes should be looking for another job, this will undoubtedly cause CCB to file BK, and or sell to a Bank with some morals and ethics. I hear California has taken an interest in this also. It could get real ugly. I wonder if ROCCO has left the country yet.

6. kyla

kyla Active Member

Does anybody know what will happen to those who still have a charge card with CCB?

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

With any luck, they will be taken over by a more reputable & customer focused institution!

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Len...it is from one of the atty's handling the case..give me your e-mail address on Jerry's board (members only side) and I'll send more info..your experiences would be a big help..

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member

If all goes as planned, they will stop harrassing you..

My question would be, after reading this, why would you want to continue as a customer?..

10. Meredith

Meredith Guest

Don can you please send me the info that you have on this suit. I want to get involved bigtime. Thanks

11. Kathie

Kathie Guest

Don,
    Maybe we can appeal to someone who lives close to Boca Raton who would consider putting it on the web. It's public record, anyone can walk in to the court house, give the clerk the file No., pay the appropriate copying fee and...ta dah...it could be on the web for all to see. Filing a RICO is pretty heavy...it's like having the rath of every Gov't agency ever created in your face. If the Gov't goes after you on RICO you don't have a prayer...it's a catch all and very hard to defend. I hope this firm is good and knows what they are doing. Could be really interesting... :)

12. nick

nick Guest

It's good to see that a case is filed...but it's a tiny small step in the right direction......even if the bank loses...they'll just go bankrupt and no one will see a dime...and they'll set up shop once again using a different "corporate veil".

No one will go to jail...no one will be held personally responsible.

What's needed is real consumer protection laws with real teeth. The kinds of things Cross Country has done should be CRIMINAL violations that would land people in JAIL when convicted.....the PERSONAL assets of the ownwers should be at stake...not just the "shell" of their corporation.

Look at just how evil a bank has to be to get a modicum of negative publicity.....let's wake up; the whole SYSTEM is foul.

> Author: Don >(spider-tq073.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 07-24-2000 16:53

> It is now official:

> A class action suit has been filed in the
    Southern District of Florida (at Boco Raton)
    against Cross Country Bank and naming Applied
    Card Systems, Experian, and Trans Union LLC's
    as co-conspirators.

Case name:Cutshall v. Cross Country Bank,
    Case No.00-8670-Civ-Ryskamp.

Filed: July 21, 2000.

The lawsuit makes five claims: 1) violation of
    RICO, 18 U.S.C. 1962(d), charging a pattern of
    racketeering activities; 2) conspiracy to
    violate RICO, 18 U.S.C. 1862 (c); 3) violation
    of the Truth in Lending Act; 4) violation of
    Consumer Protection Statutes; and 5) common law
    fraud.

Damages: 50 million, per count, along with
    punitive damages to be determined at trial.
    Trebeling of the punitive damages as
    appropriate.

If CCB is truly innocent of all their
    loansharking activities, they will soon have
    their chance to prove it...

13. nick

nick Guest

BOB wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I got so excited when I heard this I filled by Depends, but it was worth it. Alex they can shred and burn all they want, but they
    can't shred and burn the evidence the customers have against them. It will be interesting to see how much they get burned for. Those wonderful employees that come on here and call all CCB customers deadbeats,
    and lowlifes should be looking for another job, this will undoubtedly cause CCB to file BK, and or sell to a Bank with some morals and ethics. I hear California has taken an interest in this also. It could get real ugly. I wonder if ROCCO has left the country yet.

14. nick

nick Guest

Well said Bob! Unfortunately......this will take YEARS to wind through the courts.....the Bunk (yes, Bunk ;-) can afford to spend a few mil "defending" themselves......in the unlikely event that they are found guilty and massive punitive damages are applied; they will just go bankrupt and no one gets justice....the employees will find other work...and the management/owners will live off their offshore assetts and set up new "Bunks" under a different corporate veil and using some front people and do the same crap all over again....and they'll laugh at the system that allows them to get away with it.

What's needed is for the Feds to actually implement a real RICO criminal prosecution and put these guys in jail for a looooooong time......say forty years; no parole.

Further, what's needed is real consumer protection laws that would nip this kind of crap in the bud.

The fact is that Cross Country can make superficial claims that everything they've done is technically legal and within the letter (if not the spirit of existing laws)
    ....further they will claim that the outright fraud they've committed (when they're nailed on a specific count) is just due to the "error/incompetence" of particular employees.

These people won't just "go away" because of a piddling lawsuit...what's really needed is massive all encompassing SYSTEMIC reforms that get to the roots of the problem.

None the less....thanks to all who have persisted so far!!! Who knows; just maybe....some measure of justice will prevail!!?!! But this suit is just the first step... meanwhile...Cross Country is still sending out solicitations claiming "no annual fee" but a 10 dollar per month fee apparantly doesn't count! It's so absurd as to be laughable...but it's not funny to the victims.

If there is a hell; these people who generate, and profit from this kind of malevolent dishonesty deserve to spend an eternity of suffering...they should be made to experience the pain and frustration and fear and rage/frustration of each and every one of their victims...FOR ETERNITY! Now THAT would be a real HELL.... LOL

BOB wrote:

15. nick

nick Guest

Well said Bob! Unfortunately......this will take YEARS to wind through the courts.....the Bunk (yes, Bunk ;-) can afford to spend a few mil "defending" themselves......in the unlikely event that they are found guilty and massive punitive damages are applied; they will just go bankrupt and no one gets justice....the employees will find other work...and the management/owners will live off their offshore assetts and set up new "Bunks" under a different corporate veil and using some front people and do the same crap all over again....and they'll laugh at the system that allows them to get away with it.

What's needed is for the Feds to actually implement a real RICO criminal prosecution and put these guys in jail for a looooooong time......say forty years; no parole.

Further, what's needed is real consumer protection laws that would nip this kind of crap in the bud.

The fact is that Cross Country can make superficial claims that everything they've done is technically legal and within the letter (if not the spirit of existing laws)
    ....further they will claim that the outright fraud they've committed (when they're nailed on a specific count) is just due to the "error/incompetence" of particular employees.

These people won't just "go away" because of a piddling lawsuit...what's really needed is massive all encompassing SYSTEMIC reforms that get to the roots of the problem.

None the less....thanks to all who have persisted so far!!! Who knows; just maybe....some measure of justice will prevail!!?!! But this suit is just the first step... meanwhile...Cross Country is still sending out solicitations claiming "no annual fee" but a 10 dollar per month fee apparantly doesn't count! It's so absurd as to be laughable...but it's not funny to the victims.

If there is a hell; these people who generate, and profit from this kind of malevolent dishonesty deserve to spend an eternity of suffering...they should be made to experience the pain and frustration and fear and rage/frustration of each and every one of their victims...FOR ETERNITY! Now THAT would be a real HELL.... LOL

BOB wrote:

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Nick..good points...unfortunately...

A friend passed the 10/month app to me for a laugh...did you notice it also mentions in the fine print that if you are not approved you authorize them to pass your app on to "another bank"...gee, what bank and what kind of crad might that be?..

17. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Could someone please clue me in on what it is that CCB did? They have been sending me advertisments to get me to join their credit holders - I didn't realize they were messed up. Somebody please give me the lowdown.

Thanks.
    Terry

18. Len

Len Guest

Name it and Cross Country does it. Some of the areas of many complaints: Lost payments, delayed posting of payments (both result in late fees), refusal to correct errors, cashing payments and not posting the amount to your account, and customer service that is horrible, abusive, and long distance (no toll-free number).
    Cross Country has an incredibly awful reputation and is basically dishonest and a complete scam. That's the basis of the class action lawsuit.

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member

They are a loanshark outfit...use the mailings as shredder material...do a search on CCB at any of the search engines to get a lok at what they have done...

Terry wrote:
    Could someone please clue me in on what it is that CCB did? They have been sending me advertisments to get me to join their credit holders - I didn't realize they were messed up. Somebody please give me the lowdown.

Thanks.
    Terry

20. Shining4je

Shining4je Guest

They will get what they have coming to them thats for sure. Hopefully this banks doors will be closed permantely. And they will serve the maximum penatlies allowable by law. These type of comapnies deserve to be out of business, then the CEO's will be forced out in the real world, and have to work and follow the law.