Cross Country Bank Complaints

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alina, Mar 18, 2000.

1. Alina

Alina Guest

ATTENTION FELLOW CCB CONSUMERS!!!
    Please direct any complaints about CCB and their continual violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to your state's Attorney General's office...then also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission...Also, each state has a House Representative for Consumer Affairs...get their name and write to them.
    MOST IMPORTANTLY, we can all contact the Attorney Generals of both Florida and Delaware and file complaints. Let those persons know who else you have contacted concerning CCB!
    STOP HAVING ANY CONTACT WITH CCB UNLESS IT IS IN WRITING AND KEEP ALL RECORDS, LETTERS, AND PAYMENT RECIEPTS AS EVIDENCE. KEEP TRACK OF ANY ATTEMPTED PHONE CONVERSATIONS.
    Please go to www.consumeraid.org for more helpful tips on how to fight back. Find out what your rights are. Also, www.ftd.gov is good.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: Cross Country Bank Complai

The FTC has told me they have no jurisdiction here...they referred me to the FDIC...

Also, the Delaware State Banking Commission seems to be able to get a response (however full of lies it may be..) from CCB...

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Cross Country Bank/Allied Card Services also has customer service/back office operations in West Virginia and Kentucky. Contract the appropriate agencies in these states as well.

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I think this is unblievable.ALL these horror stories and nothing being done.I to have spoke to my attorney,wrote a certified letter to ccb,sent a letter to the N.Y.Attorney Generals Office for repeatingly calling me 24/7 .taking money out of my checking acct without me even telling them to do such a thing Feb.28,This is theft. i'm at the point that i'm not even going to pay them nothing now .I've closed my checking acct. and opened another,Let them put me in the trw .im a housewife with nothing they can take.my house, my rental property's and car is all in my husbands name. he is the provider. this ccb acct. is in my name and mine only. they should be brought to justice for all they are to all of us

5. Nikki

Nikki Guest

I too am having problems with ccb. I am now trying to pay off a $800 debt because I was having some financial problems and was unable to pay my monthly bill. I contacted customer service about this and we worked out a deal. Although they did not follow through with there end. They have continued to charge excessive amounts to my account. They also call me 24/7 and even late at night. I was so glad when I found this site that its not only me having problems with these people.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Has anyone thought about a class action lawsuit? Sounds like alot of people have been ripped off. Anyone on here have any thoughts on that?
    Joe

7. BOB

BOB Guest

If anyone wants to start a class action suit we will join in. they really screwed my wife
    over something that was there fault. what's
    bad is they admitted it was there fault but
    are still forcing her to pay the fees for there mistake. she has cancelled her card,
    I just wish we had our computer when we app.
    to them. anybody who reads this stay away
    from CCB they are the biggest bunch of crooks
    in the credit card business. it starts
    with there pres. Rocco and goes all the way down to the people in the mail room who
    hold payments so that they show up late.
    my wife always paid on time and more than the minimum and they still treated her like
    garbage. so stay away from CCB, if they
    lose alot of business and have to lay off
    those crooked people in collections it would be ok with us, they deserve to be jobless
    the way they treat people.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member

re Class Action...contact the law firm shown below...apparently they are involved in something...

Barron Ramos, Esq.
    Blumenthal, Ostroff & Markham
    1420 Kettner Blvd., 7th Floor
    San Diego, CA 92101

Case: Orange County Superior Court case no. 802894, Allec v. Cross Country Bank.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Guest

I have done the same thing. I set up a payment reschedule plan and even with that they continued to call and harass me 24/7. I am continually making payments every month. Even with making payments, somehow my account has sky rocketed. It started out to be a $800 credit limit and now it says that I owe them $1500, even with continual payments. What is everyone else doing to alleviate this problem with CCB. I am glad to hear that there are others having problems.

10. BOB

BOB Guest

Jennifer, first have you closed your acct.
    if not you need to do that ASAP. second
    alot of people are refusing to pay the crooks
    more than what they owe, not what CCB says but what the customers say. You will find that they have already posted your account overlimit, and with several late pymts to the credit bureau's. Third you need to report
    CCB to the better business bureau, your
    State Attorney General, and the deleware State banking commission, if you have one
    report them to your Deputy State Attorney
    General for Consumer Affairs. CCB is the
    biggest bunch of crooks in the credit card business, from there pres. Rocco all the
    way down to the people in the mail room
    who hold payments and throw some away and say they never got them. Send your pymts
    registered mail also. Go to:
    http://billsheehan.com/
    he is a former collector there is a form there you can print out fill in and send to CCB also some other info you might find useful. Good Luck CCB has destoyed alot of people, and they need to be run out of business.

11. Michael Be

Michael Be Guest

Absolutely. Take my email address and use if you decide to proceed with a class action suit with these crooks. The have harrassed me at home and at work because of late fees from held payments. I tried to get smart and pay by phone, but they charge the 7 bux before they apply the payment and guess what?
    OVER THE LIMIT. I just want to get these guys paid off before it gets worse.