Cross Country Bank - How Can T

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alex - Cre, May 12, 2000.

1. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Hello Everyone:

I finally got the time to slowly read through the CCB complaints on this board and MANY others, I just spent about 2 hours looking at all the posts and articles and it's absolutely incredible!!!!

How can these people do this legally?? False late payment charges, FALSE over the limit fees, The worse customer service in the history of the world ETC...........

I know there are MANY lawsuits pending against this company!! But how in the world can this "Company" operate for so long without getting shut down??

I truly feel sorry for all who have been victims of this nonsense, I just can not understand how they're still in business!?

Regards,
    Alex.

----------------
    Free Credit Repair Information!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

2. Len

Len Guest

RE: Cross Country Bank - How C

It is amazing that no government agency, no news organization, nobody has brought Cross Country Bank into the public spotlight and done something, anything about this outfit's stinking operation.

3. BOB

BOB Guest

Alex, one reason they have got away with this
    is the people their screwing don't have the money, and or knowledge of how to take them on. CROOKS COUNTRY BANK is smart in one aspect, they know when to shaft their customers. They wait til the customer has built up a good size balance, this usually happens after they give them their Silver Preferred card when their limit is well over $1000 and their balance gets close to that
    limit. Then they start their bullcrap. They
    enter a # wrong here, hold a payment there,
    etc , etc. Then they raise your rate, admit they made a mistake, take 4-6 months to clear up their errors and along the way their
    computer makes a few mistakes that they say can't be helped and your rate goes up somemore. So you close your account and more bogus fees or charges you never made pop-up
    and more fees get added. Their wonderful
    Customer Service Dept. is so full of morons
    and idiots that trying to get help from them is impossible. This computer they have is a
    great aid to their cause. It makes as many errors as their employees do, or so they they say. We all know a computer only does what it's programmed to do. But not their's
    it has a mind of it's own. Anyway sorry this is so long, just thought people might want to know some things about CCB and how they operate, and what to expect.
    BOB

4. BRIAN HATC

BRIAN HATC Guest

Hi I appreciate your concern...
    you are one of the few messages still remaining on the web.

If you do a search using Yahoo you will find that all messages relating to complaints about Cross Country Bank have been taken out of their search engine. I wonder why?

5. slayer

slayer Guest

Bob, your right most people dont have the money or knowledge to fight ccb. the thing is though its most of those same ignorant people who get the card, activate it, and go on a spending spree. ccb doesnt force anyone to activate their card and use them. People need to have more common sense and read the credit card agreement even if it is written on tiny paper with even tiny writing. If a person gets a ccb card or any card and doesnt read the cc agreement from front to back BEFORE activating the card and using it then that person is a fool!!

6. Len

Len Guest

I don't know about spending sprees, but I had 2 Cross Country Silver Cards for over 2 years. I never read anything in the agreement about "At our discretion, Cross Country will lose payments, hold payments until late, make billing errors and never correct them, and provide customer service from hell."
    Cross Country is corrupt and dishonest. If that fact was in the agreement anywhere, I missed it. My fault, I guess.

7. BOB

BOB Guest

Slayer, I know alot of people abuse their cards, but CROOKS COUNTRY BANK takes advantage of everyone they can. I know people who were never late, over limit, andpaid over twice the minimum and kept their balance way below the limit and still got shafted by this bunch of crooks with bogus fees and charges they never authorized.
    And the wonderful Customer Service Reps. at
    CCB are about as knowledgable as a fence post. And the Supervisors are poster people
    for illiterates all over the world. You could take the combined knowledge of these supervisors and print it all on a match head.
    The President of CROOKS COUNTRY BANK (Rocco)
    is about as worthless as the TITS ON A BOAR
    HOG. They give all employees at CCB a test
    for morals and dignity, and only the ones that fail are hired. I could go on and on
    about CCB's dishonest tactics but that would take days, and these people already know how dishonest CCB is. And these posts keep people with any common sense from applying at CCB and some who have a card close their account before they get raped. And that is the good thing about this board and it's regulars, they save people from banks like CCB. Damn this is fun.

8. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

This could be why -- Have a look at this URL:

http://www.aclu.org/news/2000/n051100a.html

Yahoo is evidently scared to death of any lawyer waving a subpoena and probably got a letter from CCB's counsel fuming about the 'defamatory' remarks being made on their discussion boards.

PS: The truth is an absolute defense to slander, libel, and defamation.

9. Len

Len Guest

It was very satisfying to know that potential Cross Country victims could easily find the truth concerning CCB through a search engine. If that is no longer the case, it's pretty sad. Cross Country has to silence the truth about their scam in order to continue ripping off the unsuspecting victim.

10. J. Edgar

That is certainly true. There are other search engines besides Yahoo though.

Hopefully the court will decided in the plaintiffs favor in this case which would allow people to challenge civil subpoenas issued through the filing of meritless lawsuits.

Big corporations and even the Government have historical tried to intimidate people from speaking out through the use of "Strategic Lawsuits against Public Participation" (SLAPP). People have been sued for speaking out at a public hearing before a Governmental Body for simply saying things like "I don't want a big office building in my back yard." Fortunately, many states have recognized this kind of activity for what it is and have enacted anti-SLAPP laws whereby someone bringing such an action can be held liable for the defendant's attorney's fees and damages.

The most (in)famous instance of this occurred a couple of years ago when HUD investigated several people who merely spoke out at a public hearing against building subsidized housing in their neighborhood. They were accused of violating some HUD regulation about equal housing opportunity. Ultimately they were 'vindicated' and were reimbursed for their legal expenses.

11. BOB

BOB Guest

J. Edgar, sounds to me like Yahoo has their hands full. I think we all knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. The outcome
    of this suit will be interesting. It won't
    effect the way I post my opinions about certain banks like CROOKS COUNTRY BANK. Thanks J. Edgar for the addy to the site,
    it was really interesting to read and learn that some of these companies will stop at nothing to silence free speech when it is directed at them, but their quick to slam
    other companies in competition with them without any recourse.

12. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Yahoo has conclusively demonstrates that they have gone 'mainstream' and like the main networks (CBS/ABC/NBC) and now meekly submits and attempts to stay far away from any hint of controversy.

Perhaps this fear of prosecution is why I found nothing in the Deja Usenet discussion groups.

A similar result was garnered from the Netscape and WebCrawler incredulously had nothing!

Now as for other typical search sites;

Excite featured many old Credinet posts but also had Jerry DJ's "Cross Country Bank Sucks" site quite prominently as well as the Consumer Affairs and the like

Infoseek sucked but did have the WebBbox site (plenty of complaints there) as well prominently listing Jerry's site.

Alta Vista (usually a favorite of mine) had Jerry's site topping the list, a pattern I was to see over and over, obviously Jerry has done a good job in getting high prominence on these search engines. Also included a site I had previously never seen mentioned called "The Complaint Station" and they had a section for Cross Country Bank. http://www.thecomplaintstation.com/c/crosscntrybank_toc.htm
    So far Cross Country's goons have not gone after them.

http://home.miningco.com/ or as its typically known as About.com search typically had Jerry's site at the #1 spot but little else. One interesting little note. Apparently whatever subject matter you choose returns with a related search option of SCAM at the end of it. For a second there I thought I would be inundated for days with the results but it came up a crapper with irrelevant stuff.

Northern Light had some 'interesting' results one of which was http://www.delawnet.com/listings/WSUI0810.HTM
    I believe there must be hundreds of these out there. Another was CredinetMania.com, congratulations Barry N you've made the cut :)

Moreover, they had creditnet.com listed under their Custom Search Folders.

Lycos had volumes of links to Credinet.com posts while its partner Hotbot return was marginal.

The big winner at least as far as my searching for the "truth" about Crooks Country Bank is a search engine called Raging.com.

So you see Len no matter how hard the crooks at Cross Country try they cannot stop the "truth" from coming out and I haven't the slighest doubt they must despise the name Credinet.com cause no site spreads the word as much.

13. J. Edgar

I don't know what search terms you used, but you might also want to try them on:

www.alltheweb.com

www.google.com

I'm surprised that you couldn't find anything on DejaNews as the UseNet Newsgroups aren't easily censored.

If indeed search engines are 'filtering' their results based on some criteria other than relevance (such as business or political considerations) that is rather alarming trend. Several of them have been criticized for selling top slots to common search phrases such as "mortgage" or "office supplies".

Frankly I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg regarding the exploitation and manipulation that's possible.

14. J. Edgar

Considering the trashing that CCB has taken on this board I'd be interested in knowing if the management of this board has ever been contacted by CCB or their counsel and if so, what 'threat' were made and what response was supplied.

Given the recent Supreme Court ruling in the Prodigy case, I think big corporations will thinks twice about threatening legal action against the operators of public participation websites such as this one.

15. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

You can't handle CCB professionally because it's too far above their understanding. I dealt with them a long time ago, and after discovering what low-life sonsofbitches they are, I bailed out fast. After reading the thousands of posts about CCB on this board and others, I found that I was one of the lucky ones. My account with them never came back to haunt me.

I once had some collection agency warting the hell out of me about a bad account that belonged to a neighbor whom I hardly knew, and who no longer lived up the street from me. The obnoxious goobers who would call just couldn't get it through their thick skulls that I couldn't help them or answer any of their stupid questions.

Finally, I found the answer to all my prayers in my local Target store! I bought one of those really loud air horns. After I shattered a couple ear drums, they finally got a clue! The air horn communicated to them a helluva lot better than my detailed explanations. Go figure!

16. BOB

BOB Guest

My Dear Doris, I hope and pray I never call your house by mistake in the middle of the night when your pissed. I'm disabled and my
    hearing is one of the few things that still work.
    your new friend
    BOB
    lmao!