Cross Country Bank practices

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jim ward, Feb 19, 2001.

1. jim ward

jim ward Guest

Hi,
    I am having a problem with Cross Country Bank that I think many others have had also and I would like to know what to do about it. I charged one item for $31, received no statements, and finally went on line and found my balance was over $100.....still not statements. I finally (after a half hour wait on a long distance call) talked to a "manager" and protested be charged so much over $31 and getting no statements, as I would have cancelled immediately had I known how much "fees" they were adding on. Finally I said, look, how much should I send to close this account and be done with it? I want nothing more to do with your bank. She said that $31 plus interest bring it to $34 would close the account and stop the phone calls which by now were everyday. I mailed the check the next morning, they cashed it, and continue to send me increasing statements. I have called a dozen times, left messages for a supervisor to call me back, written letters about my having fufilled my obligation and asking them to straighten this out and stop bothering me. I sent 2 registered letters asking them to stop calling and bothering me....and stop emailing me at work. Nothing happens, there have been 33 calls since the registered letter. I believe this bank is the scum of the industry and I am sick of it. If anyone has a suggestion about what I should do next I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks,
    Jim
    I would be happy to join a class action suit if anyone know where I might inquire!
    Thanks

2. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

RE: Cross Country Bank practic

Jim,

use the address info, I have below. I used it and received a telephone call from a corporate officer within 2 days of them receiving my letter. (I mailed it return receipt)I wish you luck!

Cross Country Bank
    ATTN: Mr. Rocco Abessinio â?? CEO/President
    800 Delaware Ave.
    Wilmington, DE 19801-1322

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

TYPE IN CROSS COUNTRY BANK SUCKS.IT SHOULD TAKE YOU TO A HELPFUL WEBSITE,FULL OF CLASS ACTION SUITS.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Just a bit of inside information for everyone. If your account is delinquent and in the creditors' collections department, it will not matter what phone number you call, your call will be dealt with by a collector. In most cases when you ask for a supervisor in a collections department you are speaking with a seasoned collector, if you even reach a supervisor. A common practice is to have your call transferred to another member of the workgroup that is not likely a supervisor but merely another collector.

5. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

Go to this site:
    http://www.jerrydj.com/CCB/ccb.html

I think you'll find a lot of interesting information about CCB there.

Alex
    www.Creditinsiders.com

6. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: Cross Country Bank Class A

www.lchb.org

CCB class action lawsuit