Cross Country Bank Recommendat

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by G.F. Todd, Jan 22, 2001.

1. G.F. Todd

G.F. Todd Guest

I have really awful credit and have been lax in the past about paying bills. I just want to say that Cross Country Bank is giving me everything I deserve... even more than I could ever have dreamed.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Cross Country Bank Recomme

Sorry but from EVERY post I have ever seen about them, they will get you one way or another I think you are in for a rude awakening with this bank, there are plenty of others subprime banks out there, I would avoid this bank like the plague. I wouldn't recommend it to my WORST enemy.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

If they're giving you what you deserve, you must be a first-class bastard! Apparently, you haven't dealt with them long enough. You'll curse the day you ever heard of Cross Country Bank. Fasten your seatbealts, buster. You're going for one dandy of a ride!

4. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

sounds familiar

another person on this board named CiRcUs freak said the same thing, two months later he was asking for advise from us .

5. mt

mt Guest

OH MY GOD. Your post just cracked me up. I'm still laughing.... hahhahahah :)

6. Len

Len Guest

Right on, Doris! As far this person getting more than they ever dreamed, I never had nightmares so vividly horrible until I had my Cross Country Silver Preferred cards for a year. A good suggestion is to fasten your seatbelt when you get involved with the slimeballs at Cross Country - it's a rollercoaster ride through Hell you'll never forget! And the E ticket costs more time, money, and pain than one can imagine. Hope this poor soul enjoys the inevitable derailment and mayhem. I still have the scars left by the jackass crooks at CCB.

7. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Did someone call :)

I haven't been on the board for a while due to problems with my girlfriend.. As of now... things are cool with CCB.. But I am still pissed off at them. As of right now I sent them a fax from by bank stating the bounced checks were NOT under my control and I have been trying to get that revoked status off my card. Oh well... I still have my Bankfirst Action Mastercard :)

8. Len

Len Guest

RE: Did someone call :)

Sounds like business as usual with Cross Country. Glad their treating you so well:)

9. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

HAHA! At least I am having fun with my Bankfirst card.. And I am planning to take it to Utah and use it at Taco Time :)

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Well well "More Facts", it's been a while since your last (unsuccessful) attempt to promote your employer. Given their lawsuit, brought against JerryDJ, even they don't think you're doing a very good job.

G.F. Todd wrote:
    "I just want to say that Cross Country Bank is giving me everything I deserve..."

You got that right.

Saar

11. John S

John S Guest

All I can say is that everybody's situation is different.

I had a CCB Visa (eventually turned Silver Preferred) and a CCB Mastercard, the first one for about 2 years and the second for about 1.5 years.

I never had a single problem. Only once did I ever mail the payment when I knew it would be late, and they didn't even charge me a late fee (even though it showed up as posting AFTER the due date). I never went near the limit (even when it was only a few hundred bucks) and, thus, never paid any over-the-limit fees. I even had them waive the annual fee on the MC a couple months before I decided to close it anyways.

Each of these cards were my first credit cards after my Chapter 13 bankruptcy. They helped me build my credit for 2+ years. Maybe I was lucky, or maybe I managed my credit and payments properly. Either way, if it wasn't for CCB, I wouldn't have a wallet full of Platinum and Gold cards, a nice mortgage and two leave vehicles today.

Many others have had problems, and I understand their plight. I never had an issue, but I also managed my accounts properly and utilized them for what they were intended to be used for: to build credit, NOT to finance everything I wanted up to the credit limit.

12. Len

Len Guest

"Managing your accounts properly" doesn't help prevent Cross Country from holding payments until they are late and losing payments. It doesn't help prevent Cross Country billing errors. And it sure as hell doesn't do a thing about Cross Country customer service treating customers with utter contempt.
    Some people are lucky, but even those who "managed their accounts properly" have been screwed over, robbed, and humiliated by Cross Country. There are just too many victims to ignore and overwhelming evidence of Cross Country outrages. "Managing your accounts properly" doesn't count for crap with loansharks and con artists who see customers as chumps waiting to be taken because they're desperate for credit.
    Of course, there's always the chance you won't be screwed, but it isn't worth the risk. Not the way Cross Country operates.

13. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Glad to see...

you still lurking around! I'm sure you'll get this all straightened out w/ CCB. Good luck!

14. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

In Other Words....

YMMV!

Sorry.....I've been dying to use that....just learned it!

15. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

WebTV strikes again!

16. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

RE: Glad to see...

I am not even worried about CCB anymore. I am going to have them paid off by next month rather they re-open the account or not.

17. MM

MM Guest

Cross Country Bank has class action lawsuits filed against them for fraud, overbilling, unethical practices. They are a nightmare straight from Hell! I have good credit, always pay on time and was still swindled by this credit card "company". Stay far far away!!!!

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will work out for you....but be aware that there are those who have said the same, and then cursed the day they got a CCB card...

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Copy the DE Bank Commission and FDIC on everything...otherwise, your letters will simply be fuel for their shredder.,..