cross country bank sent me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jan 29, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

a preapproved offer for either a classic or gold visa - my choice. I can get the gold if I purchase their applied advantage deal for $34.95 a year. If you don't renew it the 2nd year your card will be reduced to a classic. APR -22.4%, $10.00 monthly participation fee,$69.00 acceptance fee. And after you make your 2nd monthly payment you will be eligible for a special credit line increase. Are they on crack or what!

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Good GRIEF - THAT SUX

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

nothing but the best from ccb

4. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I hope you hurried and send back the acceptance .... NOT!!!! :)))

Jesus, I think these guys really don't know what world they're living in... this got to be the worst offer I've heard of...

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow.....That is Ludicrous!!!!

Talk about being raped! Cross Country Bank appears to be desparate. What's even funny is that 2 years ago, I use to see people w/ CCB cards. Now, I don't see any??? Go figure...

6. Len

Len Guest

RE: Wow.....That is Ludicrous!

I just read that Cross Country has begun "check truncation", where they process your check electronically with your bank and if you want a copy of your cancelled check you have to request it from Cross Country. This opens up all new vistas of abuse if true.
    Any one know if this is more than rumor?
    God save the customers of Cross Country "bank."

7. river

river Well-Known Member

Trash n e thing with "monthly paticipating fees, acceptance fees and increase fees.There are too many other choices out there.Annual fees expect,but all these other fees is a rip off. N e time I recieve n e thing in mail that requires more than annual fee,I trash immediately.Have you tried or already have FCNB?

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Len, Len. How I wish it was a rumor. I closed my Cross Country account about a year ago (fortunately I had no problems). However, they sent me a year end statement on my closed account stating that I paid zero interest this year (real sleuths). Within that envelope was information about the "check truncation". This is just another way to bleed the hell out of their customers. It really is sad that they make all this money and won't even provide an 800 number for all their customers to call to speak with a representative.
    Another wierd thing is that their automated system called me a couple times last week to tell me about this new fantastic way to pay down my bills after to holidays! All I have to do is call this number to use check by phone for free until february. No thanks, I don't owe you anything.......I think! Better get my credit reports! ;-)

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

WOW! That's outrageous! Cross Country has gotten even worse! If that's possible. I'm sooooo glad I'm rid of those jerks!

Would you believe, though, that they still call my house? Yep and I haven't had an active account with them for at least six months. Also, I closed the account with a zero balance. In fact, I even paid extra so they couldn't stick me with any finance charges. Anyway, I keep getting these automated calls telling me about their pay-by-phone service.

When is CCB going to go out of business? Soon, I hope!

Donna

10. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Yes, their "monthly participation fee" should really be termed "Monthly Sucker Fee". In addition, you can conveniently charge life insurance for your puppy on your CCB card, just in case they happen to lose a payment.

You all know what happens when you fall behind on your payments with them after the endless harrassing phone calls don't work.....

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Nice Tieback to CCB Puppy Acti

12. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I just read that Cross Country has begun "check truncation", where they process your check electronically with your bank and if you want a copy of your cancelled check you have to request it from Cross trueCountry.This opens up all new vistas of abuse if .............................................

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I just read that Cross Country has begun "check truncation", where they process your check electronically with your bank and if you want a copy of your cancelled check you have to request it from Cross Country.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    This opens up all new vistas of abuse -like you pay them they claim you never you ask for check copy they make excuse they can't send it & your'e stuck because they have destroyed the only way you had to prove that you did pay it: What a SWINDLE!!