CROSS COUNTRY BANK the origina

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

RE: CROSS COUNTRY BANK the ori

ethics and guts don't feed the family

2. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

try 18002255030 true it is automated welcome to the year 2000 do not put your acct # in and wait untill it prompts you to push #2 for customer service

3. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

well gee it seems all you do is criticize, comdem, and complain don it must feel good being so positive. So whats your credibility that allows you to be so synical?

4. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

In collections if you want a supervisor you will get one. Customer service rules and procedures are kept from us why they will not get you a sup I don't know.
    CCB is nothing more than a copy of the older, more well known banks that back credit cards. Not only that the Fedral Government allows all banks to have you in the next billing cycle before you get your bill so you have another over the limit that will follow on the next bill. I kept a 250$ card below the limit for 6 mnths got close several times but resisted the urge to charge the limit was increased to 600$ which made it even easier to keep below the limit as of today 37 payments on time not one late fee or over the limit fee my bank charges 29$ for each 2$ more than CCB and it is a primary company. If you don't have the cash you don't need it and if you do need it then save for it.

5. portercm

portercm Guest

Hi,
    This is for Joseph Smith. I wonder... I understand the finance charges on my closed account since I still owe you guys money, but what the heck is this cash advance charge on my statement? I don't remember going to an ATM machine and withdrawing money. Could you explain to me this charge? Thank you. Also why do we have to call (561) 982-9111 or for the silver preferred (561)443-CARD. We get charged to give you guys a call about our accounts. Also now you guys do have an 800# but we get charged 50 cents per button we push. Other credit cards (and I do have others) do not charge you this, they have normal none fee 800#'s to call. Why is this so?

6. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

The cash advance finance charge is located in the credit card agreement under the section of our charges I think # 9 I think not real sure. Company rules do not allow employee's to remove any credit related products or information from the building and believe me big brother is watching.
    As for the phone #'s customer service and the collection department's are kept apart I do know that they have some reps work strictly on the silver preferred acct's something about they are supposed to be better reps but from what I hear in collections when I call a sp acct the cardholders tell that the special reps in customer service are just as bad as the others.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Well Joseph, let me explain...my wife got the card on a phone solicitation...no, she's not a careful shopper, figured, why not?...my credit is sterling....hers has a few hits from a divorce. She's not a careful shopper, otherwise she would never have fallen for the loan sharking scam known as CCB...

The other thing you need to understand is that EVERYTHING that CCB has done with our that has screwed up our account has been documented, disputed, and handled appropriately. We've been trying for 2 months to close the account, and your scumbag management in Delaware keeps playing games...as do the monkeys you have in Boca.
    Even the DE Bank commission is sick of them writing 3 page letters to explain why they couldn't close an account that has had a credit balance, or credit a charge back as they said they would...

So...take your CCB hat off, and forget that mantra they feed you at CCB about "all customers are scum, who don't pay their bills"...you work for a slimeball organization, and I guess as long as it feeds your kids, that's fine...if it's the only job you can find, that says something also...

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member

The only subject I am critical and cynical on is your employer...Cross Country Bank...I'm always that way about companies who provide shoddy customer service, and follow unethical business practices...

So why again do you work for them?...you're not aware of the loan shark tactics they use, or it's the only job you can find?..

It's your choice; my beef is not with you personally...it's with your employer...if they are the only game in town, it's another example of what a slimeball Mr. Rocco is and how he preys on those who are desperate...

The reason I am driving your company nuts with actually disputing charges and filing formal complaints everytime they break a rule is because they prey on those who WON'T do it...they'll just take the beating....and when you read all the contradictory letters they are now sending to respond, you'll know why the DE Bank Commission is actually laughing at them as they dig themselves deeper...

Yes, Joseph, my goal is BURY your employer to the point of where it is never heard from again...

9. T. Reed

T. Reed Guest

I agree totally with you and I would like to join your fight. Cross Country is a rip off and they take advantage of the publics' credit problems. How do I join your fight?!

Don wrote:
    -------------------------------
    The only subject I am critical and cynical on is your employer...Cross Country Bank...I'm always that way about companies who provide shoddy customer service, and follow unethical business practices...

So why again do you work for them?...you're not aware of the loan shark tactics they use, or it's the only job you can find?..

It's your choice; my beef is not with you personally...it's with your employer...if they are the only game in town, it's another example of what a slimeball Mr. Rocco is and how he preys on those who are desperate...

The reason I am driving your company nuts with actually disputing charges and filing formal complaints everytime they break a rule is because they prey on those who WON'T do it...they'll just take the beating....and when you read all the contradictory letters they are now sending to respond, you'll know why the DE Bank Commission is actually laughing at them as they dig themselves deeper...

Yes, Joseph, my goal is BURY your employer to th....

10. T. Reed

T. Reed Guest

Bob,
    I am sure my fiance' would be interested in your suit. He was charged a 27 o-t-l fee and told by a rep he had to be charged it at the beginning of the month which was the End of his billing cycle. I have not had the opportunity to call them rip offs back to clear this mess up but my fiance' no longer uses his card made a 200 pmt the day the o-t-l fee was charge and those SOB's at ccb told him that bull he Needed to start the month off that way. Of course, most men allow people to tell them anything but let them try to tell me that crock of S#$XX! But, we are interested in your suit because I have atleast 30 horror story from those bastards.

11. T. Reed

T. Reed Guest

Bob,
    I am sure my fiance' would be interested in your suit. He was charged a 27 o-t-l fee and told by a rep he had to be charged it at the beginning of the month which was the End of his billing cycle. I have not had the opportunity to call them rip offs back to clear this mess up but my fiance' no longer uses his card made a 200 pmt the day the o-t-l fee was charge and those SOB's at ccb told him that bull he Needed to start the month off that way. Of course, most men allow people to tell them anything but let them try to tell me that crock of S#$XX! But, we are interested in your suit because I have atleast 30 horror story from those bastards.

BOB wrote:
    GO MEREDITH!!! Take that bunch of crooked
    A-Hole's to the cleaners, and keep us informed as to what happens. I know alot of
    people want to do the same. we are getting things together for a law suit also.
    As for joseph, well if he had morals and ethics he would quit and find another job.
    So I doubt he is as moral as he wants us
    to believe. Good Luck on your suit, We
    hope you get it all, and let them know
    there is more on the way.

12. T. Reed

T. Reed Guest

Bob,

BOB wrote:
    A-Hole's to the cleaners, and keep us informed as to what happens. I know alot of
    As for joseph, well if he had morals and ethics he would quit and find another job.
    So I doubt he is as moral as he wants us
    to believe. Good Luck on your suit, We
    hope you get it all, and let them know
    there is more on the way.

13. T. Reed

T. Reed Guest

those rip-offs have no 800 number except for their automated system which they still charge .50 for acct info.

BobbieJo wrote:
    I would still like an 800 # if anyone has one. Thank you.

14. BOB

BOB Guest

If you can live with destroying peoples
    lives, screwing old people out of there
    social security, because you hold there payments until there late so you can charge
    a late fee, go for it. But don't come in here
    offering advice about CCB when your advice is useless. Other employees have said that there told to hold payments so CCB can charge
    late fees. So don't act like your innocent
    and that CCB is wonderful because they pay
    so good. Just remember your salary is being
    paid with money that you have screwed helpless people out of. I know some people
    warrant the fees, but alot don't deserve
    the treatment they get from CCB and there crooked employees.

15. DON MITCHE

DON MITCHE Guest

I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THESE CROOKSI HAVE ONLY ONE CREDIT CARD WITH THEM ,THEY HAVE ME DOWN FOR AND ARE CHARGING ME FOR THREE ACCOUNTS ,ALL OF A SUDDEN I WENT FROM A $500 DOLLAR BAL .TO OVER $1100 IN PENALTIES AND DIFFERENT CHARGES , I ASKED FOR A PRINTOUT OF MY CHARGES ,SO THEY BILLED ME FOR THREE ACCOUNTS AND I NEVER GOT ANY PRINTOUT ,WHEN I ASK ABOUT IT I WAS TOLD THAT WAS BETWEEN ME AND THE POST OFFICE
    SO NOW I REFUSE TO PAY THEM A DIME UNTIL THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DISCREPRENCIES
    SO THEY CALL EVERY DAY THREATENING TO TAKE MY HOUSE THEY WILL NOT LET YOU TALK TO ANYONE WITH ANY AUTHORITY THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED

16. DON MITCHE

DON MITCHE Guest

T. Reed wrote:
    Bob,

BOB wrote:
    As for joseph, well if he had morals and ethics he would quit and find ano....

17. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Meredith,

I would like to know what state it is that it is illegal to call from an automated system. They are under Delaware law - So how can they comply to an individual's state? I too, have started a lawsuit against them. My story is an unbelievable one and one which I have started a crusade for on my own website. My goal - is too sue the hell out of this crooked establishment.

Best of luck to you. I would like to know all of the particulars in your case. I'm sure that we could compare notes...

18. portercm

portercm Guest

Hi,
    Well I understand what you guys are talking about, but CCB has never done anything bad with my credit cards and most of the people I have talked to have been very nice. I guess it just has to do with the personality of the person complaining put against the person trying to help. Two wrongs don't make a right. Has anyone kept every one of their statements to even see if their finance charges or balance is going down? When they ask for a minimum monthly payment, do you only pay that or do you add a little extra for the charges? And, if you can't afford to pay your card, you shouldn't of gone over the limit or gotten a high limit card in the first place. Sorry if I p**s anyone off but it is true.

19. GS

GS Guest

to portercm & CCB

You haven't been there long enough, evidently
    your so narrow minded that you think can't see the whole story. Go through all the complaints on all these pages on this site.
    You will see a pattern of CCB abuses. After you have done all that remember that these people were suckered in by Sweet talking
    cust. service people long enough to get
    there accounts updated to Silver Preferred
    status or higher , then CCB turns into a nightmare establishment that holds payments
    so they can charge late fees, etc. etc. There
    own employees have stated on this site that they are told to do this or else. Go to
    some of the other credit sites and check out
    your beloved CCB. See how many bad reports
    there are compared to good reports. call the
    better business bureau and check them out there. I think you will be shocked at what
    you find out, I know I was. CCB and there employees are the biggest bunch of rip-off
    artists in the credit card business. I seen
    people talk like you on this site only to
    come back on here a few months later and state "I should have listened to everyone
    months ago before it was to late, now I need
    help and don't know what to do." As you stated I'm not saying this to p&&& you off.
    I just think you should check these crooks out before it's to late for you. I hate to see people suckered in and takin to the
    cleaners by a bunch of crooks who could care less. They tell you they can help rebuild
    your credit and when they get you where they want you. Look out, your credit is the last thing they care about. So good luck and in
    the not so distant future if they shaft you
    remember you were warned here by alot of people who once thought the same way you do now.

20. portercm

portercm Guest

to GS

Hey there,

I never said that CCB was the greastest thing since sliced bread. All I am saying is that probably most people here either paid to little or not at all then complain when they get in trouble so don't get all p***y at me for stateing the obvious!!!