cross country bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jeff, Apr 6, 2000.

1. missi

missi Guest

RE: cross country bank (do wha

Last month I found a credit card application from CCB in my mailbox. It had MY address but was in someone elses name. I found that to be a little strange, but then I remembered I received something back in January for someone with the same name. I decided to call CCB (long distance) and found out that they had given this person a credit card back in November 1999 using my social security number. This person had already charged $500.00 and made no payments. CCB told me to send them a copy of my SSN and a copy of my drivers license and they told me to file a police report and send them a copy of that too. In the meantime I found this board and after reading all these posts about CCB I decided not to send them my personal information. I tried reaching them at their Delaware number and I was hung up on and disconnected and then I waited over 20 minutes to talk to someone and no one ever picked up. I am not even a customer but I feel I am being screwed because they are not being helpful at all. They should have checked this person out before giving him credit with my social security number.
    I have faxed them a letter to let them know I will not be sending them my personal information because I do not trust them. I have not heard anything from them and I doubt that I ever will.

2. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: cross country bank (do wha

missi I would check with the CRA's and see if CCB has posted and derogatory items.
    Knowing CCB they have posted with the credit bureaus and it will take you forever to get
    it cleared up. I feel for you. CROOKS
    COUNTRY BANK does not care who is at fault.
    Even if it was their mistake they will try to make you pay. Go after them hard, they
    hate courts, because they always lose.
    You can get extra also for their unwillingness to clear their own mistake.
    GOOD LUCK!!

3. Joan

Joan Guest

Thank you for the positive information. I recevied a Pre Approved offer from them this week, I was debating on whether to apply, I can't imagine that the Gov't would let a bank operate in this manner as reported on this board. Could you tell me what your initial credit line was and how soon was it when you received the first one. I think I am going to apply for this card.

4. Len

Len Guest

My initial credit line was $300.00. With the initial fees, about $50.00 was available. Two years later, my payments were posted late or lost completely seven times in a row. The late fees cost close to $200.00.
    There's nothing positive about Cross Country Bank, but learn that the hard way, like I did. You will come to believe.

5. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: FOR JOAN

Joan, The choice is yours, but I strongly
    advise you to turn this offer down. This bunch of crooks has purposely destroyed
    a lot of peoples credit and some marriages.
    They hold payments so they can charge LATE FEES, they have been known to throw payments
    in trash and say they never receive them,
    and their customer service is the worst in the business. They charge more bogus fees
    than Carter's has pills. When they make an error and admit it was their fault, it will take them months to clear it up, and you will
    have to pay whatever fees they charge for
    their mistakes. And they do make alot of errors. If you get a card from them GOOD LUCK. Everyone agrees that CROOKS COUNTRY
    BANK is the worst sub-prime bank out there.
    But if you have nerves of steel and money to burn you might survive their crap.

6. Len

Len Guest

Cross Country relies on people
    like you, Joan.
    Enjoy! Joan wrote:-------------------------------Thank you for the positive information. I recevied a Pre Approved offer from them this week, I was debating on whether to apply, I can't imagine that the Gov't would let a bank operate in this manner as reported on this board. Could you tell me what your initial credit line was and how soon was it when you received the first one. I think I am going to apply for this card.

7. valerie

valerie Guest

RE: Legal Issues

Joan,

We have been dealing with these crooks for some time. All the posts you read are correct. They did not post a final payment to our account, even though they cashed it. We called them, sent them copies of the processed check via fax and overnight delivery at our expense and they have now charged us over $800 in fees. I refuse to pay this. This has been ongoing for two years now. I just received a new call from their "legal firm", some TRS service or something, when I advised him that he was with a collection agency, he told me he now knew why his client didn't post our payment and that I was ignorant and my husband was as well.

I am now going to contact the attorney generals office and will be in contact with an attorney to see if all of this warrants a class action lawsuit against them. It seems there are enough consumers who have had these experiences to get this done.

8. Joan

Joan Guest

RE: FOR JOAN

I did change my mind I tore that offer up put it in the trash.