Cross Country Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Dec 28, 2000.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

How good is this company and their Visa Gold card?

2. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I don't have an account with them, but from what I've read on this board, my advice would be :

STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

3. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

too late

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TYPE CCB ON "SEARCH"

Class action suit...MORE BAD NEWS AFTER THAT!!!

5. netKat

netKat Guest

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

NETKAT

Do you know anything about FCNB? I'm trying to find the right secured card and so far, Cap One sounds the best. please read my post below. I appreciate your input on this. =0)
    BTW, your website is great! Lots of useful info and tips!

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: NETKAT

Try Capitalone secured, then try aria. Then leave the rest of the folks alone.

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

sam

I'm waiting for my Aria card, remember? I took your advice and applied for the Cap1 secured. Got $200 for $99 deal. Haven't sent in the money just yet because I wasn't sure if any of you guys knew of a better secured card. I'll stick to CapOne =) Thanks, sam

9. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

It's not too late, but it's going to cost you a bundle to get out from under this one. As soon as you get that card, cut it to smithereens and call to cancel that account at once. Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing from Cross Country Bank. You won't believe all the charges they're going to come up with when you call to cancel! Still, it will be worth it to get away from those crooks before they dream up a thousand more charges.

CCB is notorious for calling and harrassing people for payments, even when they're not close to being late. They continually "accidentally" lose payments to nail you for late charges, and they'll sometimes tack on late charges out of the blue. NEVER send them a check or anything else with your bank account information on it--EVER! Send either a money order or cashier's check. Remember: VERY few CCB customers end up with a positive trade line on their credit reports. They will find a way to rip what credit you have to shreads.

Don't hesitate! Get out at ONCE! The class action and other civil suits against CCB are VERY inappropriate. There should be criminal charges filed and people dragged out of there in chains. If the warning doesn't do it for you, you'll find out the hard way--STAY AWAY!

10. Len

Len Guest

Well said, Doris!
    My New Year wish for 2001 is the same as in 1999 and 2000:
    That I'll wake up to a headline one morning this coming year that reads:
    "Cross Country Bank Fraud Exposed! Hundreds Arrested In Federal Raid! Authorities Describe CCB Activities As 'Beyond Belief.' Justice Department To Prosecute Ringleaders - Prison Sentences Expected. Judge Expresses Outrage"

One day my dream will come true.

11. netKat

netKat Guest

I would stick with Cap one for a secured card. They are now one of the top ten of all credit card issuers based on outstandings. They mean business. Additionally, they are actively branching out of their traditional sub-prime market. What this means to consumers, is that a good, established relationship with Cap One can possibly lead to better terms later on.

Remember, that each bank keeps internal scoring systems of their customers. It's not just about the CRA scores.

I wrote a review about Cap One secured cards that you might be interested in reading. It's on the page linked below.

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/cards.htm

12. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Hell Len, while we're dreaming, let's throw in some tar and feathers, hangings, thumb screws, burnings at the stake, and beheadings with a dull butterknife. That big booger with the bamboo cane in Singapore would come in handy too. BEND OVER, ROCCO!

Dang! Dreams sure are refreshing! ;-)

13. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Ewwww!! Ick!! Stay Away!

When you get the card they charge you fees up the wazoo. When you send payments they don't credit them and then call you endlessly (starting 14 seconds after your payment is late) to get you to do a direct withdrawal from your checking account and then withdraw multiple payments.

This outfit is a complete nightmare. If you get so disgusted that you stop paying your totally screwed up bill and stop taking their calls demanding payment, they will come to your house and kill your puppy.

14. J. Edgar

Doris:

You get me so excited when you talk like that! You left out the rack and being staked out over a colony of fire ants though.

--J

15. Bry

Bry Guest

I have had CapOne for a long time great, solid no B.S., I say go for the CapOne

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Take Doris' advice...get out the minute you get the card..

So why would you ask in the first place if you've already sent in the app?..

You are in for hell on earth...

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

SARCASTIC RESPONSE

I know a club in San Francisco south of Market where - for $20 per person, you can indulge in those typical everyday activities.
    BUT THOSE THINGS ARE IMMORAL & ILLEGAL*
    *except on M-W-Friday nights. :)

CYA Dog

18. J. Edgar

RE: SARCASTIC RESPONSE

Yes, I've been there. I also go to the Folsom Street Fair every year as well, and visit the Loading Dock and the Eagle whenever I'm in town.

19. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Kill Your Puppy?

Of course I do remember that whole controversy - seems like a neighbor called CCB to take away the puppy....can't quite remember.??

Of course the concept is SHOCKING, but I do know a club.... :)
    Dog

20. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: SARCASTIC RESPONSE

I knew you were presbyterian :)