Cross Country Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

Doris:

If I may add, be sure to send this by Certified Mail.

While I have been fortunate not to have to deal with these crooks, the method I would use is this.

A} Return the cut up card with a letter stating that after reading the COMPLETE copy of the terms and conditions, that you do not wish to accept this agreement and are returning the UNACTIVATED card along with any other materials you have received. Further state that on the basis of this refusal that you hereby consider the account to have never been properly opened and that you subsequently refuse any fees they may attempt to assess in connection with this offer of credit. You also would consider any negative information sent to the CRAs to be intentional defamation of character and grounds for legal action. Be sure to send this CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED.

Also, include in your letter that you are sending copies of this letter and any other pertinent materials to the Delaware Banking Commission, 'to forestall any possible misunderstanding regarding this situation'.

B) Send a copy of the letter to the DBC as you stated you would. Include a photocopy of the cut-up card (with the pieces separated slightly to show that it was destroyed) and, if possible, copies of any info about the certified mailing.

C) Of course, keep a copy of everything for your files in case you need it later. When you get back your delivery receipt, attach it to your copy of the letter.

Did I miss anything?

2. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

Do you think CCB would really kill a puppy?

They would probably just take it and hold it for ransom (for a while) and charge you an astronomical 'Boarding FEE' for their trouble.

Of course if this didn't work, THEN they would kill it and put it on your porch, and charge you an incredible 'disposal fee' for their trouble.

These guys wouldn't do ANYTHING for free!

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I kinda like the idea of CCB wasting peoples' pooches! When I read that post about CCB murderizing the puppy several months ago, I was tempted to open a CCB account and tell them that my neighbor's Chihuahua dog was my little puppy dawg.

I absolutely DESPISE that mangy little yapping fleabag! It's too small for an old woman like myself to be able to see how to shoot it, and it's too damned picky an eater to eat anything laced with antifreeze. It just reminds me of a rat on acid!

Maybe Rocco and the boys could do a little number on that mutt. We've got lots of lakes and rivers in these parts if they could just find four tiny cement boots that would fit the little monster. I'd love to see him sleeping with the fishies.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: Kill Your Puppy?

The comment brought back funny memories of that posting...I was ROTFLMAO after reading J Edgar's post...

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: SARCASTIC RESPONSE

Dogman,
    Are you from the Bay Area? Just wondering =0)
    I'm in S.F.

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for their program of telephone harrassment for allegedly late payments to include collect phone calls.

7. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

From everything I've heard, I'm suprised they haven't changed their 'Customer Service' line to a 900 number!

8. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Yes, your escape from the nightmare is that CCB (and most other card issuers) do not send you the complete agreement until they actually sent the card, so you may 'review' the agreement and decide that the terms are not acceptable and return the card, unused, stating so. I did this with Providian, but I ultimately had to dispute the account off of my credit reports.

Beware though. They might still insist on you paying an 'application fee' by claiming it was a fee due upon application and not approval of the application. With CCB, it might well take a while to get them to back off. Knowing that you copied the Delaware Banking Commission on your correspondence may cause them to give up sooner.

Keep a copy of all of the material to send to the CRAs for dispute purposes should it eventually wind up on your reports as a derogatory item.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

yup - twin peaks - U? :)
    Dog

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

SARCASTIC REPLY

well done! a couple of very poignant ideas!
    Dog

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Thanks Doris !!!

Doris, as always, thank you for your lovely, sweet, holiday messages :)

LOL - I do remember you talking about that little @!#$ bastard.

CYA - Dog

12. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Yup,Right by the Cow Palace. I live on the Daly City side (borderline SF). Frisco's in the house!

13. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

Hey Doris

You could always try putting a piece of chocolate Ex-Lax into a little ball of fresh hamburger.

It probably wouldn't kill the little pest, but after that night in the hoouse, it's owner would watch it a lot more carefully!

14. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

RE: SARCASTIC REPLY

Thanks Dogman

15. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

J. Edgar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    <snip>
    Beware though. They might still insist on you paying an 'application fee' by claiming it was a fee due upon application and not approval of the application. With CCB, it might well take a while to get them to back off. Knowing that you copied the Delaware Banking Commission on your correspondence may cause them to give up sooner.

I believe they would lose on this claim due to the fact that they always charge the fee to your card, an action which implies that the fee is contingent upon approval. If it were a non-refundable application fee, they would need to charge it up front before they processed the app.

Also on this note, I had applied with CCB a few years ago, shortly after my divorce. Fortunately for me, my credit at the time was SO rotten they turned me down. Short story: No card, no fee.

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Dog Mess-Its CCBs Fault!!!

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! :0
    Dogman

17. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

That might be a plan if my neighbor weren't 88 years old. Since I'm the young'un of the neighborhood (I'm 69), I have to help all the old bitties with the difficult jobs that require climbing, bending, and stooping.

That means that I'd probably be the one picking up all the calling cards the mutt leaves laying around. Not only would it be absolutely gross, I'd have a little runted Chihuahua monster nipping at my arse the whole time ;-)