Cross Country Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karen, May 17, 2000.

1. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

I have not received a statement from this bank re: MC account. Payment made on 5/4/00 has not been posted. Made several attempts to reach them re: these problems but I am unable to get through and receive some message about not being able to connect because my phone is not listed on their world wide web and to please call customer service. No number I have seems to work. Can anyone provide a number? I must say after having read several of the complaints re: CCB I doubt a phone call will do much good but still I have to try. Guess I should have read the complaints BEFORE I took the card. This could be a costly error...

2. Meredith

Meredith Guest

Try 561-982-9111.

3. BOB

BOB Guest

Karen, the # Meredith gave you 561-982-9111
    is their customer service # (IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT CUSTOMER SERVICE) you might want to check with your bank and see if the check has cleared and if so, when, because good
    ol CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, will give you the run around, the supervisors are more ignorant than the other clowns. Before you call remember CCB is a bunch of unethical
    morons out to screw everybody any way they can, so try to keep your cool, it will be hard I know. GOOD LUCK!

4. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Bob:

Do they even have a toll free number? Please tell me they at least offer that??!!

It really sounds like they run this company from a boiler room in Vegas.

A.F.

---------------------
    Free Credit Repair Information.
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

5. Len

Len Guest

There isn't a toll free number. This is the world of Cross Country we're talking about. Customer service is not a priority and seldom exists.

6. slayer

slayer Guest

Alex, ccb does NOT have a toll free #. If you call the 800# they do have they will charge your cc .50 per option and you will only get the computer not a real person.

7. slayer

slayer Guest

Karen, if your chk has cleared your bank have them get you a front and back copy of the cncld chk and fax it to the morons at ccb. the only way you will get a pymt research started is by faxing f/b copy of your cncld chk.

8. BOB

BOB Guest

Alex, they have a Toll Free #, only it's not free. The # is 800-225-5030, you get a computer and the only thing you can do is check balances, and get payment mailing addy,
    for the wonderful price of 50 cents per inquiry with your first 2 inquiries each month free. HA HA To keep track of these crooks it will cost you. So if you call at the first of the month and check your bal, and avail. credit you have used your 2 free
    inquiries. They had a Toll # that was free
    but it only lasted 2-3 months. I guess they
    lost to much money trying to be helpful to
    their customers, or should I say VICTOMS.
    So they went back to their old way of being
    CROOKS.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Oh, it will be...they will give you all kinds of BS about statements being mailed...simply put, the law says that if you have a balance, you get a statement every month.

I would write to them, at both the address on the back of the statement (if you have one..), and the Delaware office, copy the DE Bank Commission.

Also, if you do call, which is a waste of your time, MAKE SURE you push them hard for what you truly owe, not just what they tell you is past due (it's a fmaous CCB trick to assess more fees..), and DO NOT let them take it out of your bank account...send them certified funds..and in amounts LESS than 300 dollars...

Yes, these people are the scum of the earth..

10. Teresa

Teresa Guest

This is the most unprofessional and hateful cc company I have ever dealt with. They will charge you for anything they can. When I inquired my payoff balance over phone and sent it--by the time they posted my payment my balance kept changing. Your charges add up everyday.Ultimately, it took me threatening legal action to pay off my balance because they kept adding pennies everyday to keep me from paying them off. I would never give me an accurate payoff. It took about 6 months to resolve the pay off and to close this account, wish I would have been warned prior to applying.

11. Len

Len Guest

Teresa, it also took me 6 months to pay Cross Country off because of the same scam. They never sent more statements, so I was unaware of any balance owed. Cross Country called me at work demanding three month's interest and late charges, totaling $109.
    By the time I got away from Cross Country, it cost me over $200 in late fees, even though I had initially paid $25 extra on the pay off amount they gave me. Considering I had already paid a couple of hundred dollars in late fees during the previous six months because of Cross Country's "late" and "lost" payment scam, my Cross Country learning experience was incredibly expensive.
    Cross Country is a gutter level, rip-off operation that defrauds and steals whenever possible.

12. BOB

BOB Guest

I know CROOKS COUNTRY BANK EMPLOYEES monitor
    this board, It's ashame there to stupid to
    see just what kind of bank they work for.
    Teresa, this is a typical scam they use to bleed people for all they can get. My advice to others when they close a CCB account, ask
    for a balance and then send at least $54 over
    the balance, this will take care of 2 $27 fees, (late & overlimit), I've seen them add a overlimit when the balance was just $21 and
    blame it on the computer and take months to
    clear it up. Their unethical and moraless
    employee think CCB is the # 1 bank in the world. I still can't figure out how they found so many morons in one place to work there. It's only a matter of time before they get nailed. When they do I hope they nail Mr. Shaw, And Mr. Williamson, and of course the head pervert ROCCO.

13. Olamp

Olamp Guest

I just posted another, but I wanted you to know that I was sick after reading postings about CCB. I paid my balances, and requested them to close both accounts. This was 2 weeks ago and I received my over-payments and 2 letters from them stating that my account were closed. It went extremely well. Just wanted to share a good ending. Hopefully, you will have one as well. Good luck.

14. nd

nd Guest

They do have a toll-free number, but I guess they only share it when.....??

It is..... drumroll.... 800-992-3274

15. nd

nd Guest

you guys are genuine certified schmucks in the full sense of the word. I'd love to have you owe me money. You rather pay them MORE than you owe because???
    I wouldn't pay ANYONE one cent more than I owe, even if it did havoc with my credit. I opened my account not knowing the price it takes to join this "exclusive" club. By the time I got my first bill, and found out, I cancelled, wrote to them, and stated that I will pay ONLY whast I USED - not a penny more. And, I will only pay AFTER they agree. So, at this moment I hold the $155.00 that I used.

S U C K E R S

16. bg

bg Guest

Thanks nd, This one will be like the last one
    once everybody finds out, they will cancel it. They have done this twice in the past, and always close it when their 50 cent charges start to drop to much. They really
    don't care about their customers enough to
    offer a toll free way of checking on your account to everyone. It's sad that a bank
    like CCB is allowed to operate. There are several law suit against them and more on the way.

17. BOB

BOB Guest

You think were schmucks, hell by the time CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, gets through with your dumb ass you'll be the schmuck. The pay more part is, (are you listening) If your balance is $300, you pay $355, that covers two $27
    fees if they try to throw one in. If not they have 7 days by law to send you the over
    payment. Maybe that's to far above your head,
    but this could keep them from placing a bad entry on your report. But from the way to talk it's obvious you could care less about your credit file, and hell $155.00 that's
    chump change compared to what some of these other people have for balances with CCB. We'll see who the schmuck is, you just hang onto your little $155.00, refuse to pay them,
    if you use it you will have to pay for it,
    with alot of fees the longer you hold onto it. Know matter what, if you used it you will have to pay for it plus interest, late fees,processing fees,annual fees, they add up so hang in there idiot, you deserve what
    they give you.