cross country close call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom, Jun 22, 2000.

1. tom

tom Guest

now that i,ve read the post on ccb. i,m glad for once my credit is bad so they won,t approve my visa application for an unsecured card. it,s the only time lousy credit will help me.

2. BOB

BOB Guest

If you applied already it's to late. They will more than likely approve you, even with bad credit. If you get the card GOOD LUCK you will need it.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Bob is right. If you get the card, IMMEDIATELY cut it up, send a letter saying you have reviewed the terms and they are unacceptable, copy the DE Banking Commission, and demand your account be closed at no cost.

Trust me, if they send you a card, prepare for a fight just getting rid of it..

4. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

After 30 months of being a CCB customer, I recently closed my second of two CCB accounts. It's a good feeling.

I never had a problem - no lates, no over the limits, nothing. I consider myself lucky. Stay away from CCB.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

MAke sure your account is truly closed...they are famous for pulling a stunt where your acount isn't really closed, so they say. It's worth sending a letter to the Delaware office and asking...if you don't get a response, write to the DE Bank Commission, and that will force them to respond...and then you'll have it in writing...

6. Stormie

Stormie Guest

From all these post I gathered that cross country bank is a not a highly reccomended bank. Do you find this to be true over all or just with those that have encountered some problems. I had thought cross country bank was a good bank at one time, I personally never dealt with them though. I do still see alot of consumers who carry their cards. This may be a good thing to check with the BBB on, and also the banking commission as some one else posted. If their business practices are falling it's about time someone made them accountable and change them. Appreciate any info you could give about them. Thanks . Stormie