cross country complaints

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by missi, Apr 14, 2000.

1. missi

missi Guest

To anyone who has a legitimate gripe about Cross Country Bank, I would like you to know that you can write to:
    FDIC
    2345 Grand Blvd.
    Suite 100
    Kansas City, MO 64108
    Send them a letter explaining the problem that you are having with Cross Country and send them as much proof as you can. I hope this helps. Maybe if enough people write in they will do a serious investigation into the way they do busisness.
    Good Luck.

2. GS

GS Guest

Here's your chance folks, for all of us that
    have a complaint about CROOKS COUNTRY BANK,
    send a letter to the FDIC at the address in
    missi's post. I called and they said send
    all the information you can to go with the
    complaints they already have. The more info
    they have the better. In other words send all you have and explain in your letter ALL
    THE TROUBLES YOU'VE HAD WITH CCB. If we all
    act, maybe we can get something done to stop
    all the criminal abuse that CCB has done to
    us, and if nothing more, maybe we can prevent others from going through what we all did.

3. Len

Len Guest

Just sent copies of documentation of my past dealings with Cross Country to the FDIC. They actually are interested and have many complaints against CCB on file. The manager of my Wells Fargo branch recommends that Cross Country victims contact FDIC and says at least a dozen have done so just from here locally.

4. GS

GS Guest

When I talked to the FDIC this morning,
    they were really interested, I gathered
    that they have had alot of complaints
    lately. I hope we can do something to stop these crooks, or at least change the way they do business. I just hope everyone
    that has a complaint will send it to them.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

You'll also find the FTC has no interest; they pointed me towards the FDIC. The FL Atty. General is moving at their usual snails pace, and aside from writing a few letters to CCB, will likely not do anything unless really pushed. DE Bank Commission, though it appears they are not really into investigating things, does appear to be able to apply pressure to get results...

After 2 months of BS, we finally closed our account, and have a letter of confirmation to prove it...actually TWO of them...one from DE that had a refund check in it, and one from Head Loan Shark/Harrassment Supervisor Meryl Beard...the letter is an important piece of info to send to all 3 cred bureaus to make sure they show the account closed by consumer...

Still out there is the 27 dollar credit that CCB yet owes...I'll likely see pigs flying when that check arrives..

Even though the account is closed, I still plan to do whatever I can to expose and expunge these lying loan sharking criminal bastards...

6. Len

Len Guest

That's how I feel, Don. My Cross Country account was closed (finally) over a year ago, but my experience, the experiences of so many on this board, and of friends, co-workers and family were so incredibly awful that I am determined that the ugly truth be made known about the borderline (and over the line) criminality of Cross Country Bank.
    I will not forget the money, pain, and humiliation Cross Country cost me.
    I will not forget...ever.

7. BOB

BOB Guest

I agree with all of you, anything I can do
    to expose these CROOKED A-HOLES, and THEIR
    CROOKED EMPLOYEES I WILL DO. We cancelled
    our card a few months ago after they made a
    mistake, and admitted it was their error
    but still made us pay the fees for their error. And it took 4 months to get the error
    cleared up (that was 4 months after they
    admitted it was their error). I Hope the people that are looking to get a card, and especially the younger people looking to get their first card read these post and realize
    that CROOKS COUNTRY BANK is one bank to stay away from. I'm sending 7 months of statements
    along with letters, and receipts to the FDIC.
    Lets all get together and let the FDIC know
    just how crooked CCB is.

8. J.

J. Guest

Cross Country was OKay for awhile as a high
    interest credit card for people like me with bad credit. I would pay them as usual, but
    in my second year of owning the card, they
    would not credit me for what I paid off. I would go to a resturaunt after paying the bill and my card was declined. What a rip off! I complained alot and eventually I got
    even by using up my credit limit and not paying them a cent. I'm sure it hurt my
    credit, but I got a card from Providian after
    that which is somewhat of a fairer deal.