Cross Country Gold - Anything Good?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by $wealth$, Jun 18, 2001.

1. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I know, I know...Cross Country Bank, I should run for the hills. Just wanted to know if anyone had a good experience with them?

Just received in the mail today a preapproval for a Gold Cross Country Visa with a credit limit of up to $ 2,500. No security deposit needed. APR is unstated. This should be a sign.

Please give feedback.

Thanks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RUN as fast as you can!!!!! Seriously trash the thing, they are bad news no matter what the card is called.

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sheepishly admitting that hubby has had 18 months of a positive experience with them. They do wierd things, though, like we put gas in a car for $10 and they held $100 dollars on a trip till the $10 cleared or something...it was bizarre...

But, he has a visand a mastercard (gold) and no problems...knock on wood!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That was the gas station - not the CCC.

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I knew that..duh.....LOL...Hey, what can I say? LOL

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I'm recommending them as many people have had legitimate account problems, but I must say that when I had a CCB card (for 3 years) I had no major problems. I always sent a payment twice per month and my payments were posted quickly. I never had a payment lost or money stolen from my account like others have stated. I was always careful to write my account number on each check I sent.

I closed my account when my credit improved as they have a poor reputation. My credit report shows as a positive R1 account. I also got really tired of all the fees and toll calls to reach customer service.

As I stated before, I am not recommending them, I'm just stating my experience with them. Good luck with your decision.

Remember: THEY ARE FEE CRAZY!!! :-D

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

LAKE OF FIRE>>>>>>>>XXXXX!!!!!!

I know that our friend Len was quite sarcastic some time back about what happened every time he mailed a payment to CCB. They lost it in the "LAKE OF FIRE" and added fees.

We also know of Doris K - who had a small chihuaua
    "bothered in unusual ways" by a CCB manager!

BEWARE - there is a high monthly fee to keep that gold color.

BEWARE CCB's LAKE OF FIRE!
    ITS SPOOOKY! A VAMPIRE CARD WILL SUCK THE $$ OUT OF YOUR WALLET!

whimper whimper... Dogman

8. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

If you are aware of their reputation, why would you even consider doing business with them?
    TRASH IT!!!

Alex.

Free Credit Repair Help!
    http://www.CreditInsiders.com

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: LAKE OF FIRE>>>>>>>>XXXXX!!!!!!

Hey Dog, who could forget Doris and the dog LOL:)

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

WE Have The VINTAGE STUFF READY. I got tall boys - so to speak!

Did you like my interpretation of the "bothered animal bit?" Actually I think it was the very very dry J Edgar who discussed the puppy as chopped liver.

cya dog

11. Len

Len Member

Dog, I was not being sarcastic. The metaphors of lake of fire and puppy chopped liver illustrate some important universal truths that have been handed down by Cross Country victims through the ages.
    It seems that each generation must learn the painful truth about Cross Country for itself. It is unfortunate that the evil of Cross Country feeds on the myth of "it can't happen to me."
    I believe the story of the puppy and appreciate it for what it represents.
    And lord knows, I had my ass singed in the Lake of Fire many times.
    Dog, continue to tell the stories of Cross Country that have been handed down to you. Their meaning transcends understanding, but teach instinctual lessons, such as:
    Stay the hell away from Cross Country Bank.

12. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the posts on this thread before posting, but I needed to reply. Do a search on my name and you will find my CCB saga. It still hasn't ended.

I received the same preapproval in the mail as you did, and foolishly I applied. They didn't tell me that I needed to send in money just to GET THE CARD IN MY HANDS!!!! So, I cancelled.

You will find my postings on CCB entertaining and informative, I think. Be sure to read it and take the advice of those on this board. Pre-approvals are a dime a dozen and you will get a better one soon!

Good Luck!

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

14. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Re: Cross Country Gold- Thanks All

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Special thanks to Erica for referring me to your previous post. I feel like I have been saved from making a terrible, terrible mistake.

This isn't a card that I need. My FICO score is about 673 and rising. I'll save this inquiry for a prime credit card offer. I'll probably apply for a prime card this fall when the credit card companies bombard every mailbox with pre-approved offers.

Again Thanks.

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

TWICE A MONTH!

Hi Miles - that must be the ONLY way one could avoid charges - it worked for you and rebuilt your credit.

Providian was about the same way with me - for 3 yrs - but I watched them get investigated at their offices (201 Mission, SF) by the FEDS - my bldg is about 4 blocks away :)
    I had to cancel the "credit protection 2X" and watch for other potential fees.

BUT, they reported and it worked!

c ya buddy - dogman

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mom - sometimes when you reread your own posts later - they are funny. I do think I described CCB in excellent detail.

Occasionally I do write quite well - but - I was California relaxed when I wrote it :)

Spelling chihuhua correctly the first time was a challenge - but essential to the overall picture of the duties and fantasies of a typical CCB Manager!

I couldn't even describe the overall duties and fantasies of the service reps!

ARF! Dog

17. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Hey Dogman!! You're right, you need to send in 50 payments per month to Cross Country and hope one of them posts. :-D

Re: Providian, watch your mail. I received my statement today and it had info about another class action suit. Customers who had their ad on products and paid for a specific limit increase are eligible. Hey, you may be receiving big bucks!!! :-D

Later

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GREAT

!

19. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

CCB/Philip Morris Visa

I think that after reading your post, there is the possibility you could probably get a terrific marketing position - for the new CO-BRANDED Cross Country
    Philip Morris Tobacco Brown Visa Card.

Kids could use it in all the places that they are rejected by AMEX COBalt - trying to get liquor and cigarettes USED to be an issue when screened for age or ID by COBalt. With CCPMTBVCmembership, there are discounts at participating cancer clinics.

Cigarette Advances are subject to a $10 fee per carton ordered through CCPMTBVC Concierge services.

Remember - Regardless of your age, sex, religion,
    or even if you can't drive. YOU WILL BE APPROVED!
    OK - a bit weak!

20. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it was someone else who reported that CCB killed her puppy. I only wished they would come along and knock off my neighbor's chihuahua dog--which I always refer to as that "damned rat on acid"! I hate that runted little mongrel with a purple passion. He's such a pain that he won't even eat premium USDA choice steak polished with tasty anti-freeze!

As far as CCB is concerned, it's gramatically incorrect to use "Cross Country Bank" and "good" in the same sentence without using the word "screwing"! It's doesn't matter if they call it Gold, Silver, Platinum, or Pewter--it all amounts to Ultra-Sleaze! Avoid them like the village leper!