Cross Country Nightmare

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie L., Feb 21, 2001.

1. Marie L.

Marie L. Guest

I am new here and had some credit problems two years ago. Unfortunately, I was so desperate for a credit card for my job that I signed up with Cross Country Bank. It turns out that Cross Country is just about the biggest bunch of crooks on the planet. They lose every other payment and charge me a late fee or they hold on to my payments for weeks after I mail them so they are late and they can collect a big late fee. Their customer service is pure hell, absolutely no help, and downright hateful and insulting. Their collection people call me at work over these supposed lost payments, trying to blackmail me into giving them access to my checking account so they can take what they want. Gee, I don't think so.
    These people are brutish thugs, like something out of a horror movie.
    I just thought I should warn other people who need a credit card that this is one to stay far away from for the sake of your sanity, self respect, and money. Cross Country will steal you blind and be arrogant about it. They enjoy humiliating you in the process.
    This is a terrific board.

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Here is a little entertainment for you:http://www.ncmb.uscourts.gov/opinions/docs/Niegro.PDF

This is an actual copy of a judgement against CCB for violating an automatic stay in a Bankruptcy case. You will enjoy the penalty they paid.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DUMP THE CARD NOW!!!!!!!!!

4. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

You know for all the bad stuff I hear about this bank I have yet to have a problem with them yet. GrantedI have only had them for 4 months but so far so good. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones.

5. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Mail your payment out 3 days before it's due or charge it up to 3 bucks from the limit and you'll pay late fees, over the limit fees, etc., etc.

Pay it ON TIME (I always mailed it a day or two after I received it), do NOT charge anywhere NEAR the limit and you won't have any problems.

I had 2 CCB cards, one for 2.5 years and one for 1.5 years. Never a problem, never a late/over fee.

They helped me rebuild my credit. I now have two platinum and one gold card ($30K total, all prime), a new mortgage ($160K @ 7.125 %) and am closing on my new boat the day after tomorrow ($69K @ 7.99%).

6. Len

Len Guest

I had 2 Silver Preferred cards with Cross Country for over 2 years. Never a problem. I defended them on this board when I read horror stories that seemed unbelievable.
    I believe everything I read about Cross Country now, all the horror stories, because what followed my second anniversary with Cross Country was a hellish experience so incredible that it took nearly another year to straighten out.
    I had never been late. All of a sudden, every payment for 4 months is either late or lost. Phone calls at work follow.
    Cross Country customer service rude, insulting, and refused to help. Yes, refused.
    Errors on my bills appeared, never to be corrected.
    Cross Country cashed checks and never credited those amounts to my account. That money was just gone.
    Closing my accounts took 5 months. 5 months of hell.
    Cross Country cheats, steals, lies, and harrasses customers, anything for a profit.
    I wouldn't recommend Cross Country to anyone but the Justice Department for prosecution.
    The whole experience cost me $871 in late fees, overlimit fees, long distance charges, registered mail costs, false charges, and a ay by phone nightmare in which I authorized a $125 payment and $250 was withdrawn by Cross Country. That extra $125 was never credited to my card and was never found.
    Cross Country are blatant theives. They are morally corrupt. They are criminals.
    I sued them in small claims court and Cross Country defaulted.
    I've yet to see a dime in over 18 months.
    To those who think Cross Country is wonderful, great. I thought so once as well.
    I had to learn the hard way, the very expensive way, the truth about Cross Country "Bank."