Cross Country Won't Validate!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbowman, Oct 17, 2001.

  1. lbowman

    lbowman Well-Known Member

    I sent a validation letter to Cross Country and received a letter from them (below). I sent a follow-up and got the SAME letter. What's my next step? This is a charged off account that belongs to my husband. How do I get them to validate the account? Please help. I plan on sending the letter out today. Any tips??

    Ps. I donâ??t believe that they have any validation proof, because I sent a dispute letter to them and they sent my statements and copies of my signed checks to them. How should I proceed?

    Dear Mr. **&&,

    Thank you for contacting Cross County (the spelled their own co name wrong!!!) Bank's Customer Service Department. We appreciate having his opportunity to serve you.

    We have received your request disputing the inaccurate information on your credit report. Please be advised that we are unable to honor your request at the present time. Our records indicate that your account has been charged off for collections since February 28, 2001. The application for this account was a telemarketing application, and the account can be verified by your Mother's Maiden name. For security purposes we are unable to include your mother's maiden name in any documentation without your signature advising us this is permissible.

    Please be aware in order to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act we need to report the activities on each account in a manner that our policies allow within the FCRA rules and regulations. Therefore, please provide us with any proof showing that the derogatory information reported to your credit bureau was due to an error on our part. Valid forms of proof would be copies of returned checks, both front and back, as well as any letters from a collection agent stating account status. Once the necessary information is received we will be glad to update information on your credit report.

    Our goal at Cross Country Bank is to provide CUSTOMER SERVICE to our CARDHOLDERS. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your needs in the future. Should you require any further information, please contact our CUSTOMER SERVICE Department.
  2. KHM

    KHM Well-Known Member

    Maybe its just my way of thinking, but you don't have to prove anything to them, the burden of proof is on them! Sounds to me like wither they are stalling or they don't have any info on the account and want YOU to slip up and give them the info. Personally I would dispute it with the CRA, they obviously can'y validate it.
  3. lbowman

    lbowman Well-Known Member

    I've already disputed with the CRA's but it comes back verified!!!!! Should I dispute again and send copies of my certified receipts?

    I also agree that CCB is stalling because they have no info.
  4. KHM

    KHM Well-Known Member

    Definately! Tell them they can't verify the debt with you how are they verifying it with the CRA's also ask for the CRA's to send you info on HOW they verified the info, there's a nice dispute letter under the 'letter section' for members only.
  5. lbowman

    lbowman Well-Known Member

    Thanks KHM,

    I'm "write" on it!!
  6. lbowman

    lbowman Well-Known Member

    Is this grounds to get my report "cleaned" or just this account?

  7. Erica

    Erica Well-Known Member

    In my opinion, You should sue the pants off of CCB and all of the bureaus that are reporting this obvious blatant error. If CCB can't verify, how can the CRA? Isn't that $1000 per violation? That means, $1000 from CCB, $1000 from each of the big 3, that means up to $4000.
    My 2 cents.
  8. Serenity

    Serenity Member

  9. bbauer

    bbauer Banned

    Erica is pretty close to being absolutely right with her post.
    LKH also has a good point.

    But once Cross Country Bank has refused in writing, seems to me that you have exhausted all your administrative remedies and that's all you need to have done with the possible exception of complaints to the BBB, FTC, State AGs and ect.

    Although it will take a lot of time, maybe 4 to 6 months to properly exhaust all of your administrative remedies via the complaints, it can be extremely important to you to do so because the next step after that is the courts and once you get to court, Cross Country could bring up the point that you have not exhausted all your administrative remedies prior to filing suit and that's a valid defense for them to which a court would probably be only too happy to listen to and entertain. So it's best that you file the complaints so you have a record with which to prove that you have exhausted all your administrative remedies and your case would be much more likely to succeed and withstand such an attack in court should it occur.
  10. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

Share This Page