Current Prime rate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What is the current prime rate now, I know it was 8.50 then the feds lowered it, so is it 8.00 now?? Just curious I checked my Citi plat statement and I have a variable rate with that and my APR for this statement was 10.65(not bad)

Thanks

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

8%, but it takes a varying amount of time for this to be reflected by each creditor.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Plat Rate

My plat rate is really high @ 16.99
    My husband's for purchases is 13.
    Mom, your rate is the best I've heard, does it get any lower?
    thanks
    am

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Plat Rate

AnnMarie I have had this card since Nov 99, it has been variable since I got it, so I assume with prime currently at 8.00 (thanks me) then it's prime +2.65, great for now. But many people have had success here lowering their APR's from Citibank, most reps will do it over the phone. I jumped on the "AA" series card craze and got my rate from 19.4 ouch to 12.9 FIXED without any hassles from them. I choose fixed because eventually the rates will go up and I am happy with 12.9 for now.

Mom

5. the other

just because it is fixed, that doesn't mean that they can't change it.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

True I know they can up it, but all my fixed rates that I have received this last couple of years have stayed the same rate.

7. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

The 10.65% Citi is about there best variable rate,usually offered on click card only.Regular Plat var rate .25%
    higher,10.95%
    Will not go lower until cycle date,then it will be whatever it is on that date for the next month.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Citibank doesn't change their customer "PRIME" rate as fast as the FED. Last month i was stuck at 11.99% and my rate is really prime + 2.9%

I've asked them, they are hard headed, they set their own "PRIME" rate.

9. the other

Hey Mom, I figured you knew that, but I just thought I would mention it anyway :)

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got click credit for 10.65%,Sony Citi Plat Select for 15.99 and Citi Dividend card for 12.99. It may not the best rate compared to my other card like Bank of America and Nextcard fixed rate 9.9%. Citi does have good customer service and good reward program.