Dangerious to send CRA Reports?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by runawayjim, Aug 29, 2003.

1. runawayjim

runawayjim Active Member

If something is only listed on one report I¡¯ve read that you might try sending a letter to that CRA with the other CRA reports enclosed, saying that this must be some kind of mistake. Is this safe? Can the CRA use your other reports in the future to either 1. add something, 2. back up a tradeline?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Dangerious to send CRA Reports?

runawayjim Wants to know

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Furnishers pay to report to the CRA's. That's why you may see a TL on none, one, two, or all 3 reports.

4. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

I'm no expert on this subject, but I don't think it would be a good idea to do this for a couple of reasons:

1. It probably wouldnt make any difference...the CRAs report what they want to report. They dont hardly look at (much less use) consumer-furnished 'evidence' that a TL should be reported a certain way. They don't even use DF supplied PROOF half the time.

2. It could be used against you in some way, or an unscrupulous person could get a hold of your personal info.

When i had a TL that came off 2 of the 3 CRAs, I simply mentioned that fact (over and over) in the many letters I sent to the 1 CRA holdout.

someone with more knowledge might say something different tho.

5. runawayjim

runawayjim Active Member

Yeah, I have the same fear that it could be used irresponsably. But your point that they wouldn't consider something sent in by a consumer makes it not worth even considering. Thanks for the input. And thanks for the bump lbrown!